0117 946 6690
- End of terrace 5/6 bedroom family home
- Double bay fronted
- 2/3 reception rooms
- 2 bath/Shower rooms
- Arranged over three floors with versatile accommodation
- Small off-street parking space
- Elevated roof top views
- South-westerly facing rear garden
To be sold with no onward chain - an exceptional and DOUBLE BAY FRONTED, three storey, 5/6 double bedroom, 2/3 reception room, 2 bath/shower room, end of terrace Victorian period family home on a popular treelined road in Bishopston, having off-street parking, south-westerly facing rear garden and fine city views.
The property offers well balanced and versatile accommodation over three levels with potential for lower ground floor one bedroom apartment (subject to obtaining the necessary consents).
Much coveted location - a popular treelined road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road within a quarter of a mile. Within easy access of the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, numerous highly rated private schools, within the APR for Redland Green Secondary School, main hospitals (including the Wallace & Gromit supported children's hospital) and the BBC plus.
Great local parks within easy walking distance including the Clifton Downs, Redland Green, Cotham Gardens, St Andrew's park, with Bristol Zoo also very close by.
The local railway stations at Redland and Montpelier are both 0.5 miles away giving great regular connections to the main Bristol stations (Temple Meads and Parkway).
Having an abundance of period features including sash windows, ornate moulded cornicing, tessellated tiled flooring, stained glass over lights, turning staircase and period fireplaces.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room (15ft x 15ft), dining room (15ft x 13ft) with wide wall opening through to kitchen (13'4 x 9'3), WC/utility.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, living area (15ft x 13ft) with wide wall opening through to double bedroom (14'8 x 8'7), additional reception room / double bedroom (14ft x 13ft), shower room/WC.
First Floor: landing, 4/3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/WC, leading to the 4th floor for double bedroom 4 and the door to the loft space.
Outside: front courtyard, off-street parking space, secluded south-westerly facing rear garden.
gateway and path lead to the attractive original front entrance door with stained glass overlights and panels to either side. Door opens into:-
with original tessellated flooring, stairs rising to first floor, doors opening into kitchen/dining room, sitting room. Half landing with door to wc/utility and further steps to the lower ground floor. Ceiling cornicing, radiator with ornamental radiator cover.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 4'' into bay x 15' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.67m x 4.57m)
a lovely big civilised sitting room with bay window to front elevation comprising four sash windows with stained glass leaded lights above, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, period cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantle, tiled hearth and coal effect gas fire, three radiators, engineered oak wooden flooring, further sash window to the rear elevation.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (23' 6'' into bay x 15' 10'' into chimney recess) (7.16m x 4.82m)
measured as one, but described separately as follows:-
Dining Area: (15' 10'' x 13' 8'') (4.82m x 4.16m)
bay window to front elevation with four sash windows with stained glass leaded lights above, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, large marble fireplace, fitted shelving to either side of the chimney breast, three radiators, space and plumbing for dishwasher to the right hand side of the chimney breast in a fitted cupboard, engineered oak wooden flooring, large opening through to kitchen with two steps down into:-
Kitchen: (13' 4'' x 9' 3'') (4.06m x 2.82m)
fitted with a range of base units with solid butchers block style wooden worktop, inset ceramic sink with mixer tap, space for large range cooker, tiled splashbacks, integrated freezer, space for tall fridge/freezer, two additional freezer compartments, recessed spotlights, double glazed windows to the rear elevation, continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring.
double glazed window to rear elevation, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, low level wc, wash hand basin, continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
with doors leading off to:-
BEDROOM 5/RECEPTION 3: (14' 4'' into chimney recess x 13' 7'' max) (4.37m x 4.14m)
double glazed double doors leading out onto the back garden, radiator, wooden fireplace and mantel, further opaque double glazed window to side elevation.
RECEPTION 4/BEDROOM 6: (overall measurement 22' 0'' x 14' 8'' min/15'5 max) (6.70m x 4.47m/4.71m)
(occasionally used as AirBnB or could be a possible live-in space), described separately as follows:-
Sitting Room: (15' 5'' x 13' 7'') (4.70m x 4.14m)
double glazed window to front elevation, engineered oak wooden flooring, recessed spotlights, radiator, original wooden fireplace with coloured tiles, small kitchenette for use with occasional AirBnB. Two steps lead down to:-
Bedroom 6: (14' 8'' x 8' 7'') (4.47m x 2.61m)
double glazed double doors to the rear elevation (these do not lead out onto the rear garden and could either have a Juliet balcony constructed or raised decking to provide an independent entrance to the studio), recessed spotlights, continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring, radiator, range of built-in fitted wardrobes.
opaque double glazed window to side elevation, corner shower cubicle, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, gas combination boiler.
LANDING: (approx. 15' 5'' x 5' 9'') (4.70m x 1.75m)
a very generous landing with two sash windows to the front elevation, radiator. (NB: this area was previously the en-suite to bedroom 1, which could be reverted to if required). Doors leading off to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3, steps rising to top floor and bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 0'' into chimney recess x 15' 0'' into bay) (4.57m x 4.57m)
a lovely big room with a large bay window to front elevation comprising four large sash windows, three radiators, fitted wardrobes and additional storage above, cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels, picture rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 10'' into chimney recess x 13' 8'' into bay) (4.82m x 4.16m)
large bay window to front elevation comprising four sash windows, picture rail, cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels, three radiators.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 11'' x 9' 3'') (3.93m x 2.82m)
large double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator.
SHOWER/WC: (8' 7'' x 4' 1'') (2.61m x 1.24m)
partially opaque double glazed window to rear elevation with far reaching views across Redland and Cotham, walk-in shower with tiled walls, overhead rain shower and second shower fitment, heated towel rail, low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, radiator, tiled floor and continuation of tiled walls, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, handy built-in bathroom storage.
landing with easy access to the eaves storage, cupboard with storage/main boiler, and door opening into:-
BEDROOM 4: (15' 7'' to rear of wardrobes x 9' 3'' to restricted ceiling height) (4.75m x 2.82m)
double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, cast iron fireplace, small fitted wardrobe.
small frontage with low boundary wall, cast iron railings, recycling bin storage, bike store, off street parking space (approx. 13'0 x 10'5) (3.96m x 3.17m)
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' wide x 22' 0'' max/17'0 min) (15.23m x 6.70m/5.18m)
(22'0 max dimension is taken from the gate to the rear section/17'0 min dimension is taken from the main rear elevation to the rear) mainly laid to lawn with shrub borders, secluded/cosy patio area currently used for BBQ/evening reclining around a fire pit, further seating area immediately outside the lower ground floor/bedroom 5. Benefitting from a sunny south-westerly aspect.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.