0117 946 6690
- A spacious and well proportioned semi-detached Victorian period villa.
- Circa 2,750 sq. ft.
- 5 double bedrooms.
- Bay fronted drawing room.
- Semi open-plan kitchen and dining room.
- Lower ground floor storage rooms with potential.
- Driveway parking for 3/4 cars.
- Single garage.
- South-easterly facing private rear garden (38ft x 35ft).
To be sold for the first time since 1982; a spacious and well-proportioned 5 double bedroom semi-detached Victorian period villa (circa 2,750 sq. ft.) situated in a prime Redland location. Further benefitting from OFF STREET PARKING FOR 3/4 CARS, SINGLE GARAGE, useful cellar rooms and sunny rear garden (38ft x 35ft).
Having semi open-plan kitchen/dining room with shaker style kitchen featuring granite worktops and integrated appliances. A bay window to the rear elevation has central double doors opening to a delightful sitting out area.
Highly convenient location for access to all central area and within a half mile level walk of the cafes, restaurants and shops of Cotham Hill/Whiteladies Road. Cotham Gardens Park and Redland train station are also a short walk away. Also nearby excellent schools including Cotham Secondary, Bristol Grammar and Cotham Gardens Primary.
Ground Floor: porch, reception hall, drawing room, study, semi open-plan kitchen/dining room, inner hall, utility room/wc.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 5 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, three storage rooms (obvious scope for development subject to first obtaining the necessary consents).
Outside: driveway parking for 3/4 cars, single garage, south-easterly facing well stocked and private rear garden (38ft x 35ft).
A much loved family home with a whole host of 'extras' which are unusual for such a prime Redland location.
from the pavement there are impressive gate pillars with wrought iron gates opening onto a brick paviored driveway with space for two cars. A shallow flight of steps leading to the front entrance. Panelled door opening to:-
PORCH: (13' 5'' x 4' 9'') (4.09m x 1.45m)
dual aspect with obscure double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations with complimentary window shelf, high sloping glass roof, overlights to front and rear, tiled flooring, coat hooks, shelving, ceiling light point. Part stained glass door with matching side panels and overlights, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (19' 6'' x 6' 10'') (5.94m x 2.08m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, wood effect flooring, ceiling light point. Useful cloakroom cupboard with inset ceiling downlights and coat hooks. Staircase descending to the lower ground floor. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (18' 4'' x 12' 4'') (5.58m x 3.76m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall windows. Central period fireplace with inset wood burning stove set upon a tiled hearth with ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point, radiator.
STUDY: (13' 6'' x 9' 6'') (4.11m x 2.89m)
tall window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, ceiling light point.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM:
loosely divided as follows:-
Dining Room: (17' 9'' x 12' 1'') (5.41m x 3.68m)
virtually full height bay window to rear elevation having central double doors with overlight and tall windows to either side, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, ceiling light point. Wide archway with shallow flight of steps down to:-
Kitchen: (14' 4'' x 9' 5'') (4.37m x 2.87m)
a well appointed shaker style kitchen with panelled base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged granite worktops with matching upstands and pelmet lighting, undermount 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink with swan neck mixer tap. Integral appliances including 5 ring gas hob, electric oven, combi oven/grill, warming tray and dishwasher. Window to the rear elevation, wood effect flooring, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, built-in surround sound speakers. Archway leading to:-
integral fridge and pull out larder cabinet, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlight. Door to:-
UTILITY ROOM/SEPARATE WC: (10' 0'' x 6' 4'') (3.05m x 1.93m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Base and eye level cabinets plus additional shelving, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, tiled flooring, ceiling light point, window to the rear elevation.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, stained glass skylight window, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point, radiator, loft access. Door with steps up to bedroom 5. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 0'' x 12' 6'') (5.18m x 3.81m)
full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall windows, exposed wooden floorboards, generous fitted bedroom furniture, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 4'' x 12' 2'') (4.37m x 3.71m)
bay window overlooking the rear garden comprising three windows, fitted bedroom furniture with louvred doors, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (14' 5'' x 8' 6'') (4.39m x 2.59m)
double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, double opening built-in wardrobe with cupboards above, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point, wash hand basin with mixer tap and double pull out drawers below.
BEDROOM 4: (13' 7'' x 9' 10'') (4.14m x 2.99m)
tall window to the front elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, fitted bedroom furniture, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (15' 0'' x 9' 8'') (4.57m x 2.94m)
window to the rear elevation plus part sloping ceiling with skylight window, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, chimney breast with recesses to either side, double opening cupboard, fitted bookshelving, radiator, two wall light points, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (11' 7'' x 8' 4'') (3.53m x 2.54m)
low level wc, corner bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment, shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment, tiled flooring and walls, two windows to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, coved ceilings, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
inset ceiling downlights, useful understair storage space, power points. Open doorways through to:-
STORE ROOM 1: (16' 8'' x 10' 11'') (5.08m x 3.32m)
bay window to front elevation comprising three obscure glazed windows, inset ceiling downlights.
STORE ROOM 2: (12' 8'' x 8' 2'') (3.86m x 2.49m)
obscure glazed window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, inset ceiling downlights.
STORE ROOM 3: (5' 8'' x 5' 1'') (1.73m x 1.55m)
space for tall freezer, space for tall fridge, inset ceiling downlight.
DRIVEWAY PARKING: (31' 9'' x 18' 0'') (9.67m x 5.48m)
accessed via impressive gate pillars and wrought iron double gates onto a brick paviored driveway with space for three cars. Pedestrian door leading to the rear garden. Access to:-
SINGLE GARAGE: (18' 4'' x 7' 11'') (5.58m x 2.41m)
wooden vehicular double doors to front, window and personal door to rear, light and power connected.
FRONT GARDEN: (23' 7'' x 14' 8'') (7.18m x 4.47m)
being level and providing useful overflow parking, enclosed on two sides by mature shrub borders and specimen trees. Along the front boundary there is a dwarf stone wall with wrought iron railings.
REAR GARDEN: (38' 0'' x 35' 0'') (11.57m x 10.66m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy and sunny south-easterly orientation. Immediately to the rear of the dining room there is a sunken patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Steps up to the remainder of the garden which is laid to lawn with further stone chipped and circular seating out area. Enclosed on two sides by stone walls with deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs plus specimen tree. Outside water tap, external light point and power points. Personal door to the driveway and also to the garage.
windows on two sides plus sloping Perspex roof, fitted shelving, wall light point.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.