0117 946 6690
- An exceptional Victorian period detached residence
- 5 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 4 bath/shower rooms
- Lovely well balanced accommodation (circa 3,900 sq. ft.)
- Period features and plenty of natural light
- Civilised & comfortable, peaceful, leisured atmosphere
- Front Garden (50ft x 20ft min/26ft max)
- Charming rear garden (56ft x 50ft)
- Off street parking space
- Storage garage
A once in a generation opportunity to acquire an exceptional and very special 5 double bedroom, 3 reception Victorian period detached residence in one of Redland's most coveted roads where houses rarely come to the market. Offers accommodation of circa 3,900 sq. ft. with a wonderful 56ft x 50ft south-west facing rear garden and an off street parking space.
Lovely well balanced accommodation principally over two main floors with handsomely sized principal rooms including impressive hall and landing, period features & lots of natural light. Has a very civilised and comfortable, peaceful, leisured atmosphere. Also offers useful cellar rooms and storage garage.
Coveted location: Arguably one of Redland's and the city's most favoured roads, a friendly neighbourhood within c. 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill, handy for the Downs, Redland Green Park nearby, easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Bristol University, Schools, Hospitals, BBC etc & within the Redland Green School AFP at c. 625m distance.
Well presented, gracious accommodation with many nice touches yet also has further scope and potential if desired.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, inner vestibule & cloaks/wc, sitting room, dining room, family/garden room, thro' kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, lean-to passageway, storage garage.
Basement Cellar Rooms: Rooms 1, 2 & 3 with connecting passageway.
First Floor: main & mezzanine landings, bedroom 1 with 'jack & jill' en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, main bathroom/wc, separate shower room.
Second (Top) Floor: landing, bedroom 5 with en suite shower room & separate wc, clothes closet, extensive eaves void.
Outside: front garden (approx. 50ft wide x 20ft min/26ft max depth) with an off street parking space, charming rear garden (56ft deep x 50ft wide)
via side path thro' front garden to main entrance door with outside light or via driveway into the storage garage.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 7'' x 5' 0'') (1.70m x 1.52m)
tessellated floor, arched leaded light window with stained glass, inner door with stained glass leaded light insert and overlight.
RECEPTION HALL: (26' 7'' x 7' 0'') (8.10m x 2.13m)
(overall dimensions inclusive of part of staircase between doors at either end) ornate ceiling cornice, picture rail, dado rail, fine tessellated floor throughout, stained glass leaded light window, vintage period radiator, fine traditional staircase with handrail and balustrade rising to upper floors.
INNER VESTIBULE & CLOAKS/WC: (7' 0'' x 3' 7'' & 11'3 x 3'1) (2.13m x 1.09m & 3.43m x 0.94m)
tessellated floors, door down to cellars, Cloaks/wc with hand basin, sash window and radiator, separate wc with low level white suite and casement window.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (21' 0'' into bay x 14' 11'' into chimney recess) (6.40m x 4.54m)
ornate ceiling cornice & centre rose, picture rail, period fireplace with marble surround/overmantel and iron insert/fire basket with living flame coal effect gas fire, wide semi-circular bay with double glazed sash windows & working shutters, two column radiators.
DINING ROOM: (front) (16' 10'' into bay x 14' 10'' into chimney recess) (5.13m x 4.52m)
ornate ceiling cornice & centre rose, picture rail, period fireplace with marble surround/overmantel and iron/tiled insert and fire basket (coal effect gas fire not functioning), double glazed sash windows set in shallow bay with working shutters, bookshelves & cupboards built into both chimney recesses, vintage period radiator.
FAMILY/GARDEN ROOM: (rear) (14' 7'' into French window x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.44m x 3.81m)
ceiling cornice & ornate centre rose, picture rail, period style fireplace surround/overmantel with inset wood burner stove, niches to either side, double glazed double doors with external awning open out to terrace and garden, radiator.
THRO' KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (18' 3'' into chimney recess x 14' 8'' min) (5.56m x 4.47m)
engineered oak flooring throughout, contemporary style column radiators, double doors with stained glass inserts opening to rear terrace & garden.
stained glass sash window, original Butler's Pantry dresser, hatch to sealed underfloor void, wide opening thro' to:-
good quality fitted base and wall units including granite topped island unit with inset stainless steel sink unit with drainer & mixer tap, drawers, cupboards and recycling drawer plus storage basket, inset range cooker with 5 ring gas hob, warming plate, twin electric fan ovens plus grill & warming/storage drawer all built into a deep chimney recess with extractor hood.
UTILITY ROOM: (rear) (14' 4'' x 7' 2'') (4.37m x 2.18m)
range of fitted base and wall units including generous work surfaces and numerous storage drawers and cupboards, deep shelved pantry cupboard, inset stainless steel double bowl single drainer sink unit with mixer tap. Space, plumbing and venting for both washing machine and tumble dryer, fixed double glazed window, part glazed door leading out to rear terrace & garden, central heating programmer
LEAN-TO PASSAGEWAY: (side) (16' 4'' x 3' 6'') (4.97m x 1.07m)
double glazed roof, opens into:-
STORAGE GARAGE: (front) (14' 4'' max into garage doors x 7' 10'' max) (4.37m x 2.39m)
double doors to front driveway, electric convector heater, electricity fuse box, Velux double glazed opening skylight window.
BASEMENT CELLAR ROOMS
(Overall dimensions approx 24ft x 14ft) (7.32m x 4.27m) accessed via steps down from inner vestibule, divided into three main rooms with concrete floor & connecting passageway with narrow storeroom off giving further underfloor access.
boiler room/storage area with Potterton gas boiler, electricity meter and trip switches, gas meter.
currently used as a wine cellar and storage area.
storage area including slate shelf on brick pillars.
MAIN & MEZZANINE LANDINGS & VESTIBULE: (overall incl. dimensions 26' 10'' x 7' 2'' min/8'4 max) (8.17m x 2.18m/2.54m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, dado rail. Vestibule with a fine stained glass leaded light fixed window to mezzanine landing.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 10'' excl. shallow bay x 15' 2'') (5.13m x 4.62m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, wide bay with double glazed sash windows, radiator, shelved recess, door into:-
'Jack & Jill' En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (side) (8' 2'' x 7' 11'') (2.49m x 2.41m)
contemporary white suite, low level wc, hand basin with mixer tap, glass shower enclosure with system fed flexible hose and wall bracket shower unit, picture rail, period piece metal safe/bathroom cabinet, obscure glazed sash window with etched glass, mirror fronted bathroom cabinet over sink with shelves and shaver point, electric under-floor heating, contemporary heated towel rail/radiator, secondary door into Bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (17' 3'' min excluding bay x 15' 1'') (5.25m x 4.59m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, double glazed sash windows, period fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (14' 9'' x 12' 10'') (4.49m x 3.91m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, double glazed sash window, period fireplace, radiator, Closet/Airing Cupboard (4'11 x 2'11) (1.50m x 0.89m) with hanging rail & lagged hot water cylinder.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (13' 6'' x 12' 0'') (4.11m x 3.65m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, double glazed sash window, radiator, full width range of built-in fitted wardrobes and clothes storage units.
BATHROOM/WC: (rear) (14' 5'' x 6' 3'' min) (4.39m x 1.90m)
contemporary white suite, low level wc, period style hand basin with large mirror framed by a shelf & ornate pillars, twin shaver points, large panelled bath, obscure glazed sash window with etched glass, tiled flooring, radiator.
SHOWER ROOM: (front) (8' 0'' x 2' 9'' min within shower enclosure) (2.44m x 0.84m)
tiled shower enclosure with system fed flexible hose shower unit, obscure glazed sash window with etched glass, extractor fan, contemporary heated towel rail/radiator.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
approached by door and staircase off main landing, Velux double glazed opening skylight window.
BEDROOM 5 with EN-SUITE SHOWER & WC: (14' 10'' x 11' 5'' plus dormer bay 5'6 x 4'10) (4.52m x 3.48m + 1.68m x 1.47m)
Velux double glazed opening skylight window, dormer bay with double glazed windows & sidelights, radiator. Separate WC: white low level wc & hand basin, Velux double glazed opening skylight window, separate tiled Shower enclosure with system fed flexible hose shower unit.
CLOTHES CLOSET: (8' 0'' x 6' 8'') (2.44m x 2.03m)
(overall dimensions measured into walls below sloping ceilings at approx. 3'7/1.09m min height above floor level) hanging rail, radiator, hatch door into:-
EXTENSIVE EAVES STORAGE VOID: (approx. 23' 0'' x 22' 0'') (7.01m x 6.70m)
(L shaped longitudinal dimensions at main purlin height) boarded floor, insulated eaves, fluorescent strip lighting.
one space on the driveway fronting the storage garage within the front garden.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' frontage/width x 26' 0'' max depth) (15.23m x 7.92m)
stone boundary walls, central lawn with wide front and rear flower beds with flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and specimen ornamental trees; side border & flagstone pathway to front door & side gate thro' to rear garden, flagstone driveway with off street parking space for one car accessing double doors to storage garage.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 56' 0'' deep x 50' 0'' wide) (17.06m x 15.23m)
accessed from all rooms along the back of the house opening out on to an extensive flagstone terrace with pergola to one end & side courtyard area at the other end with side entrance gate thro' to front & space for garden shed, bins etc., beautiful lily pond with central lawn fringed on all sides by extensive cultivated flower and shrub borders, further raised beds to one side, mature specimen trees to rear boundary (Silver Birch and an aromatic Katsura), cold water tap, outside light to terrace, outside electricity socket, water butt.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.