0117 946 6690
- A handsome 4 double bedroom Victorian home with parking
- 3 reception rooms
- Tastefully landscaped rear garden
- within 600m of Redland Green school and handy for Gloucester Rd
- Many period features
- Driveway parking for one car
A handsome and well-proportioned 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room semi-detached Victorian family home situated in the desirable Bishopston area within easy reach of Gloucester Road and within just 600 metres of Redland Green School. Further benefiting from a tastefully landscaped rear garden and the rare advantage of off-street parking.
Prime location on the west side of Bishopston within a short stroll of the fabulous independent cafes, shops and restaurants of Gloucester Road, also handy for bus connections to central areas and Redland and Montpelier train stations and within just 600 metres of the highly regarded Redland Green Secondary School.
Ground Floor: central wide entrance hallway, elevated bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/dining room with double doors connecting through to the kitchen area and also the rear garden, creating a sociable hub of the house, separate third reception room, utility room, ground floor cloakroom/wc and generous understairs cloaks area.
First Floor: central landing with loft hatch accessing roof storage space, 4 double bedrooms and family bathroom/wc.
A well-located period home with plenty of natural light, plenty of original character and the convenience of off-street parking.
via landscaped paved driveway where there are steps and pathway beside leading up to the left hand side of the building where you will find the main front door to the property a short way along on the right hand side.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 22' 4'' x 6' 10'' (6.80m x 2.08m)
wide central entrance hallway with high ceilings with original cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing with useful understairs cloaks area, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, plenty of natural light provided by window to side and glazed panel over the front door, alarm control panel and doors off to sitting room, dining room/reception 2 and reception 3.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 8'' max into bay x 12' 10'' max into chimney recess (5.08m x 3.91m)
wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash style windows, high ceilings with original coving, ceiling rose and picture rail, beautiful fireplace with inset gas coal effect fire, period style fire basket surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, cable tv point and radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: 15' 0'' max into bay x 11' 10'' max into chimney recess (4.57m x 3.60m)
generous dining room with wide part glazed double doors creating a seamless opening through to the kitchen area, period style cast iron fireplace with wood surround and granite hearth, wide bay to rear with central part glazed French doors and 2 large sash windows either side overlooking rear garden, tiled floor, ceiling coving and rose.
KITCHEN: 13' 0'' x 9' 10'' max into chimney recess (3.96m x 2.99m)
bespoke hand built painted pine kitchen with granite and wood worktops over, appliance space for range cooker recessed within chimney breast with feature wood surround and mantle, stainless steel splashback and built in extractor fan, inset Belfast style sink, further appliance space for fridge/freezer, plumbing and appliance space for slimline dishwasher, tiled floor, inset spotlights, sash window to rear and door through to utility room.
RECEPTION 3/PLAY ROOM: 13' 0'' x 8' 10'' max into chimney recess (3.96m x 2.69m)
double glazed sliding sash style window to front, period style cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, radiator, ceiling coving and rose and exposed stripped floorboards.
UTILITY ROOM: 8' 5'' x 6' 7'' (2.56m x 2.01m)
range of base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over, inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler, tiled floor, door through to ground floor shower room/wc, window and further part glazed door to side accessing rear garden.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 6' 8'' x 6' 2'' (2.03m x 1.88m)
corner shower enclosure, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor single radiator and obscured glazed window to side.
generous central landing with exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, doors lead off to 4 double bedrooms and family bathroom/wc, loft hatch accesses storage space.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 13' 2'' x 12' 9'' max into chimney recess (4.01m x 3.88m)
large double glazed sliding sash style windows to front, cast iron period style fireplace with slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, radiators, ceiling coving and centre rose.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 13' 1'' x 10' 8'' max into chimney recess (3.98m x 3.25m)
large sash window to rear overlooking rear garden, ceiling coving and rose, period style cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and exposed stripped floorboards.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 13' 0'' x 11' 1'' max into chimney recess (3.96m x 3.38m)
double bedroom with sash window to rear, ceiling coving and rose, period style cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 13' 1'' x 9' 0'' max into chimney recess (3.98m x 2.74m)
double glazed sliding sash style window to front, ceiling coving, period style cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards and radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 7' 2'' x 6' 0'' (2.18m x 1.83m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, double glazed sliding sash style window to side, extractor fan, ceiling coving, inset spotlights, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
OFF STREET PARKING:
the front garden is landscaped to provide off street parking for one vehicle.
REAR GARDEN: approx 40' 0'' x 25' 0'' max (12.18m x 7.61m)
tastefully landscaped rear garden arranged in terraced sections with a private courtyard seating area closest to the property with handy gated side access to the front. Steps lead up to a level lawned section with raised railway sleeper flower borders and attractive brick boundary walls. Four further steps lead up to the top section of garden where there is a fabulous paved seating area enjoying much of the day's sunshine with raised railway borders comprising various plants and shrubs.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.