0117 946 6690
- In need of some improvement
- Victorian period townhouse
- City and harbourside views
- 2 double bedrooms
- Good sized kitchen/breakfast room
- Generous sitting room
- Sunny town garden
- No onward chain
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £399,950 - £425,000.
In need of renovation: secreted in a historic quarter overlooking the harbourside, this versatile 2 double bedroom Victorian period town house has a good sized kitchen/breakfast room, generous sitting room and sunny town garden.
Located at the end of a Victorian terrace this period townhouse is in need of work and improvement.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway and kitchen/breakfast room.
Lower Ground Floor: landing, bedroom 2, utility and shower/wc.
First Floor: landing and sitting room.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 1 and bathroom/wc.
Outside: front garden and further side courtyard garden.
An excellent opportunity to put your own mark on this welcoming home.
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
pass through the front garden to the wooden part glazed front door which opens into:
staircase descends to lower ground floor (and bedroom 2) and also the staircase rises to first floor landing. Radiator, part stripped wooden floorboards, dado rail, ceiling coving, corner cupboard and stripped pine wooden door opens into:
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 16' 1'' x 12' 2'' into chimney recess (4.90m x 3.71m)
good range of base and wall mounted units with roll edged work surfaces and tiled splashbacks, 11/2 bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, built in electric oven and gas hob with extractor hood, built in washing machine and dryer, built in fridge and freezer, cupboard housing Vaillant gas boiler, ceiling cornice, radiator, upvc double glazed windows to two elevations, one overlooking the front garden and the other with far reaching city views across the harbourside.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
staircase with restricted head height descends to lower ground floor hall with understairs storage cupboard and further useful storage cupboards as well as high level cupboard housing electricity meter and fuses. Part glazed door opens into:
BEDROOM 2: circa 15' 1'' x 11' 0'' (4.59m x 3.35m)
(currently arranged as a further reception room) upvc double glazed window to front elevation, radiator, louvre doors to storage cupboard and salon style doors open into:
UTILITY: 7' 1'' x 6' 7'' (2.16m x 2.01m)
stainless steel sink unit with drainer and splashback and storage cupboard beneath, work surface with space for fridge underneath, glazed back door opens onto the side courtyard garden (and access round to the front of the property), further internal door leads to:
SHOWER/WC: 7' 1'' x 3' 2'' (2.16m x 0.96m)
shower cubicle with Creda Aqua Blue electric shower unit, low level wc, small wash hand basin, tiled floor and window to side elevation.
dado rail, upvc double glazed window to front elevation, staircase rises to second floor landing and door opens into:
SITTING ROOM: 16' 6'' x 11' 7'' (5.03m x 3.53m)
ceiling cornice, upvc double glazed windows to two elevations, one with far reaching city views overlooking the harbourside. Period fireplace with surround and cast iron insert, radiator.
small landing with upvc double glazed window providing plenty of natural light to the stairwell and doors lead off to bedroom 1 and bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 13' 1'' x 12' 1'' to rear of built in wardrobe/airing cupboard (3.98m x 3.68m)
radiator, ceiling coving, good range of built in wardrobes with radiator and hot water tank, wonderful far reaching city views across the harbourside including glimpses of the SS Great Britain.
BATHROOM/WC: 9' 2'' x 8' 7'' (2.79m x 2.61m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with tiled surround, impressive shower cubicle with Tab Spa Water Dream shower. Upvc double glazed windows to front elevation behind colonial style louvre shutters, dado rail, heated towel rail, loft access point.
The property enjoys gardens to the front and the side with stone boundary walls, measured and described separately as follows.
triangular in shape the two longest sides of which are both circa 28ft/8.53m with raised rock edged beds containing numerous flowering plants, bushes and shrubs and paved sitting out area which receives a tremendous amount of sun thanks to its south west facing aspect.
SIDE GARDEN: circa 11' 0'' x 11' 0'' (3.35m x 3.35m)
courtyard garden which is a real suntrap with sitting out area which takes in the harbourside views.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with a rent charge of £4.10 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.