0117 946 6690
- A substantial (2,425 sq. ft.) and well kept Edwardian semi-detached home
- 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 3 bathrooms (1 en-suite)
- Sympathetically upgraded by the current owners
- Superb loft conversion
- Wider than average frontage allowing off street parking for 2 cars
- Large detached single garage
- Exquisite 70ft x 28ft level south westerly facing rear garden
- An impressive large family home on a popular and well regarded road
Sold for the first time in over 20 years, this substantial (2,425 sq. ft.) and well-kept 5 bedroom Edwardian semi-detached home offers balanced and roomy accommodation over 3 floors with many original retained period features. Further benefiting from off street parking for 2 cars, a large single garage and a fabulous 70ft x 28ft south westerly facing level rear garden.
Situated in a prime Henleaze location, just off Henleaze Road and therefore within a level stroll of the local shops, cafes and bus connections of Henleaze Road whilst also being within easy reach of Waitrose supermarket, the Orpheus cinema and the green open spaces of Durdham Downs.
Sympathetically upgraded by the current owners in the last 10-15 years including a superb loft conversion and period style timber framed double glazed windows to the front of the property.
Wider than average frontage allowing off street parking for 2 cars side by side plus a large detached single garage.
Exquisite 70ft x 28ft level south westerly facing rear garden tastefully landscaped with well stocked flower borders and generous seating areas.
An impressive large family home on a popular and well-regarded road with a sunny aspect, ample accommodation and parking.
via a wide tarmac driveway providing the convenience of off street parking for 2 cars side by side. The driveway leads up to a large detached single garage with a pathway beside where there is gated access to the rear garden and the main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 8'' x 4' 4'') (1.73m x 1.32m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, built in coat hooks, cabinet for shoes and further low level storage cupboard, original tiled flooring, alarm control panel and impressive period part stain glassed door with stain glassed panels beside and over leading through into the central entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (16' 0'' to front of understairs cupboard x 6' 0'' max) (4.87m x 1.83m)
a welcoming wide central entrance hallway with high ceilings and original ceiling cornicing, period staircase rising up to the first floor landing with understairs recess and door accessing understairs cloaks cupboard with built in coat hooks and shelving. Radiator and corner meter cupboard housing fuse box and meters for electrics. Doors lead off into the sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (23' 6'' into chimney recess x 15' 9'' into bay/12'6 min) (7.16m x 4.80m/3.81m)
an impressive broad sitting room with a wide bay to front comprising period style timber double glazed windows with inset original stain glassed panels over, 2 further windows, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, built in bookcase with storage cabinet beneath, cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, gas coal effect fire, original pitch pine wood surround and mantle and tiled hearth. Cable tv point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (23' 5'' x 14' 6'' into bay/12'2 min in kitchen area) (7.13m x 4.42m/3.71m)
a fabulous large sociable family kitchen/dining space spanning the entire width of the property and providing a seamless connection through to the south westerly facing rear garden. Modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over, central island unit, inset 11/2 bowl sink an drainer unit, integrated dishwasher and fridge/freezer, appliance space for large range cooker with built in chimney hood over, ample space for family sized dining furniture, attractive period style cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, gas coal effect fire, wood surround with built in mirror and tiled hearth, built in storage cupboards with bookcases over to chimney recesses, original exposed stripped floorboards, door accessing reception 2/garden room, which in turn leads through to the utility room and fabulous large part glazed double doors with double glazed windows beside lead directly out to a beautiful south westerly facing rear garden.
RECEPTION 2/GARDEN ROOM: (13' 7'' x 7' 10'') (4.14m x 2.39m)
windows to side overlooking the rear garden and part glazed door to side accessing the garden, 2 further Velux skylight windows over, terracotta tiled floor, radiator and door accessing:
UTILITY ROOM: (4' 10'' x 4' 6'') (1.47m x 1.37m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, wall mounted Worcester Green Star gas boiler, double glazed window to rear, loft hatch, inset spotlights and door accessing ground floor cloakroom/wc.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (4' 7'' x 2' 9'') (1.40m x 0.84m)
low level wc, corner wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks, radiator, inset spotlights and obscure glazed window to side.
a spacious landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor landing, high ceilings, ceiling coving and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family shower room/wc and Airing Cupboard housing high pressure hot water cylinder and built in slatted shelving.
BEDROOM 1: (15' 9'' into bay x 13' 0'' max into built-in wardrobes) (4.80m x 3.96m)
a large principal double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, inset spotlights and wide bay to front comprising double glazed period style timber frame windows with inset original stain glassed panels over, built in wardrobes to chimney recess, feature chimney recess, radiator and door through to a large en suite bathroom/shower/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/Shower/WC: (10' 3'' x 9' 6'') (3.12m x 2.89m)
a fabulous spacious en suite bathroom (originally a bedroom) with a white suite comprising double ended bath, an oversized walk in shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin set into marble counter with storage cabinet beneath, stainless steel heated towel rail, tiled floor, part tiled walls, high ceilings with ceiling coving and inset spotlights, obscured double glazed windows to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (12' 4'' into chimney recess x 12' 2'') (3.76m x 3.71m)
double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden, high ceilings with ceiling coving, built in wardrobe to chimney recess and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 4'' x 11' 0'') (3.76m x 3.35m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, inset spotlights, radiator and 2 large double glazed south westerly facing windows to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden.
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 0'' x 6' 8'') (2.74m x 2.03m)
white suite comprising walk in oversized shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, stainless steel heated towel rail, double glazed windows to side, tiled floor, part tiled walls, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
a surprising amount of light provided by two light tubes flooding natural light through the stairwell, inset spotlights and doors leading off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (18' 10'' max below sloped ceilings x 10' 7'' into dormer) (5.74m x 3.22m)
a double bedroom with built in wardrobe, radiator and wide dormer to rear comprising double glazed windows offering an open outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 5: (front) (20' 2'' x 8' 4'' max measurements below sloped ceilings) (6.14m x 2.54m)
a further bedroom with 2 large Velux skylight windows to front, low level hatch accessing eaves storage space and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (10' 5'' x 7' 2'') (3.17m x 2.18m)
a spacious second family bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath, corner shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a marble counter with storage cupboards beneath, stainless steel heated towel rail, tiled floor, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor and obscured double glazed windows to side.
FRONT GARDEN & DRIVEWAY OFF STREET PARKING:
the property has a wide frontage with a generous tarmac driveway providing off street parking for 2 cars beside each other. Low maintenance courtyard front garden laid to paving with various shrubs and trees and a low level period boundary wall. Pathway leads up the side of the property where there is handy gated access through to the rear garden.
GARAGE: (internal measurement 19' 0'' x 12' 0'') (5.79m x 3.65m)
a single up and over door, pitched roof, high level part stain glassed windows providing natural light, Belfast style sink, power and light, alarm linked to the property and door to side leading into the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 70' 0'' max x 28' 0'') (21.32m x 8.53m)
a superb level south westerly facing rear garden enjoying most of the day's sunshine with a generous paved seating area closest to the property, perfect for outdoor seating and entertaining. Central level lawn section with flower borders beside containing various plants, shrubs and fruit trees leading to the top of the garden where there is a raised decked seating area, further paved section and attractive brick and stone boundary walls. Outside tap and power sockets.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.