0117 946 6690
- An immensely appealing and elegant Victorian period Bath stone townhouse
- 4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- 2 reception rooms plus kitchen and pantry cupboard
- Abundant period features
- Generously proportioned accommodation of circa 1,600 sq. ft
- Front courtyard and easy maintenance rear garden
- Exceptionally convenient location
An immensely appealing and elegant, 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, 2 reception room Victorian period Bath stone townhouse of circa 1,599 sq.ft., in an exceptionally convenient location for Chandos Road, Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road, having an abundance of period features.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green Park nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol university, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus local park at Cotham Gardens. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby. Approximately 500 metres from Cotham Secondary School and Cotham Park Primary School.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including exposed wooden floorboards, ornate ceiling plasterwork, sash windows etc, plus 24ft fully enclosed rear garden.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen.
First Floor: landing, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 further double bedrooms (4 in total), family bathroom.
Outside: front courtyard, attractive easy maintenance rear garden with shed.
An outstanding period residence offering gracious and generously proportioned accommodation, so much to appreciate and savour - locations, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
from the pavement, a dwarf stone wall with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto pathway with courtyard to side. Solid wood panelled door with fanlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, with exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point. Part stained glass multi-paned wooden door with overlight, opening to:
have an elegant easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and useful understair storage cupboards. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing and two ornate ceiling arches. Radiator and ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 12' 4'' x 12' 1'' (3.76m x 3.68m)
tall sash window to the front elevation with louvred plantation style shutters, chimney breast with inset wood burning stove on slate hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both with fitted book shelving and one with double opening cupboard), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
DINING ROOM: 16' 3'' x 12' 0'' (4.95m x 3.65m)
tall multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both with fitted book shelving and double opening cupboards), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
PANTRY CUPBOARD: 5' 5'' x 3' 9'' (1.65m x 1.14m)
original dresser with pull out drawers and shelving above plus Airing Cupboard, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN: 16' 2'' x 6' 0'' (4.92m x 1.83m)
a stylish kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss white, handleless and soft closing base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets. Roll edged quartz worktops with Belfast style sink and swan neck mixer tap, integral electric oven with 4 ring gas hob and stainless steel extractor hood, space for tall fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, windows to the side and rear elevations, tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Part glazed wooden door opening externally to the rear garden.
turning staircase continuing to the second floor part galleried landing, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 16' 2'' x 12' 1'' (4.92m x 3.68m)
two tall sash windows to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point. Four panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 14' 3'' x 5' 6'' max measurements (4.34m x 1.68m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, folding glass shower screen, fully tiled surround and hand held shower attachment. Low level flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and double opening cupboard below. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, heated towel rail/radiator, complementary shelf, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 0'' x 10' 3'' (3.65m x 3.12m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, Victorian style radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Walk in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving space.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and spindles and enjoying plenty of natural light via skylight window, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: 16' 3'' x 11' 11'' (4.95m x 3.63m)
two sash windows to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both with shelving), radiator, ceiling light point, moulded skirtings. Built in wardrobe with wall mounted gas fired Vaillant combination boiler.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 0'' x 10' 0'' (3.65m x 3.05m)
sash window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted book shelving), moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving space, loft access.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 11' 9'' x 6' 0'' (3.58m x 1.83m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps, folding glass shower screen, wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower attachment plus fully tiled surround. Large wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, splashback tiling and double opening cupboard beneath. Low level flush wc. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, part opaque glazed sash window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point, loft access.
FRONT COURTYARD: 20' 2'' x 9' 4'' (6.14m x 2.84m)
designed for ease of maintenance with raised height border featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: 27' 7'' x 15' 11'' decreasing to 8'9" (8.40m x 4.85m/2.67m)
designed for ease of maintenance and paved with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants, barbequing etc. Raised height railway sleeper border featuring an established ceanothus. Useful garden shed with mains power light and twin socket. Outside water tap. Enclosed on all three sides by walling and timber fencing with established honeysuckle and clematis.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.