0117 946 6690
- An inviting, large and exceptionally well presented Victorian semi-detached home
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite), 3 reception rooms
- Located within 500m of Redland Green School
- Has a lovely blend of contemporary decor, balanced with many retained period features.
- Off street parking for at least 2 cars
- Superb 50ft x 29ft level rear garden
- Renovated by the current owners to a high standard throughout
An inviting, large and exceptionally well-presented 5 double bedroom (1 with en-suite), 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached home situated in the heart of Redland within just 500 metres of Redland Green School and offering a sumptuous interior, a superb 50ft level rear garden and the rare advantage of off street parking for at least two cars.
Renovated by the current owners to a high standard throughout, this property enjoys a superb layout with an incredible split level sociable kitchen/dining space spanning across the entire width of the rear of the property.
Double glazed timber framed sash windows through the majority of the property and a lovely blend of contemporary decor and fittings, balanced with many retained period features.
Perfect location for families within just 500 metres of Redland Green Secondary School and nearby both Cotham Gardens and Redland Green parks. The incredible choice of independent shops and restaurants of Gloucester Road/Zetland Road are also within a short walk, as are Redland train station and bus connections to central areas.
Ground Floor: impressive central entrance hallway with high ceilings and natural light, elegant 20ft bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/dining room overlooking the rear garden and connecting through to the kitchen, creating a lovely hub of the house, stylish fitted kitchen leads through to a generous utility room, which in turn accesses the rear garden and downstairs shower room/wc. Reception 3/tv room, generous cloaks/boot cupboard and further understair storage.
First Floor: spacious landing, principal bay fronted bedroom with beautiful en-suite wet room/wc, 2 further double bedrooms and a family bathroom lead off the main landing. Off the lower mezzanine landing there is a fourth double bedroom and off the upper mezzanine landing there is access to bedroom 5 and a storage cupboard, which in turn accesses the vast loft space.
Outside: off street parking for at least 2 cars to the front of the property. To the rear there is a superb level 50ft x 29ft rear garden with lawned sections and generous paved seating area closest to the kitchen/dining space.
An exceptional property in a lovely leafy location with a beautifully appointed interior and a pleasing layout.
via wide driveway providing off street parking for two cars, a pathway leads off the driveway up the left hand side of the property where you will find the main entrance to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (20' 1'' x 6' 9'' max inclusive of staircase) (6.12m x 2.06m)
an original staircase rising to first floor landing with a useful understairs storage cupboard, high ceilings with original ceiling coving, part original tessellated tiled floor and part floorboards, period style radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/dining (which in turn connects through to the kitchen), reception 3 and further door accessing a generous cloaks/boot cupboard (with built in period dresser, fuse box and meters for electrics).
SITTING ROOM: 20' 6'' x 13' 5'' (6.24m x 4.09m)
an impressive bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash windows with plantation shutters, exposed stripped floorboards, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround and slate hearth, period style radiators.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: (rear) (17'8'' x 12'11'') (5.38m x 3.91m)
a wonderful light and airy reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiators, 2 large sash windows overlooking the rear garden and wall opening with steps down into:-
KITCHEN: 14' 2'' x 10' 3'' (4.31m x 3.12m)
wall opening provides a sociable and impressive overall kitchen/dining space spanning the entire width of the property. 'John Lewis of Hungerford' fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level grey units with white Silestone worktop over and inset sink with Quooker boiling hot water tap, integrated Neff dishwasher, chimney recess with appliance space for large range cooker with inset spotlights over, bespoke extractor fan in the chimney breast, radiator and further contemporary upright radiator, sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden, tiled flooring, door connecting back through to the entrance hallway and door opening leading through into the utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: 12' 7'' x 6' 4'' (3.83m x 1.93m)
a bright and practical utility space with a range of base level grey units with worktop over, inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer, tiled flooring, Velux skylight window, inset spotlights, radiator, door accessing downstairs shower room/wc and double glazed double doors providing a seamless access out onto the rear garden.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 10'' x 6' 4'') (2.39m x 1.93m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, Velux skylight window, inset spotlights, further double glazed window to side and a radiator.
RECEPTION 3: (front) (14' 10'' x 9' 9'' max into chimney recess) (4.52m x 2.97m)
a useful separate third reception room, currently used as a tv room and office with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, an impressive cast iron period fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, lovely large double glazed sash window to front, built in cabinet and shelving to chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards, telephone point and a radiator.
a generous central landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, door off the lower mezzanine landing to bedroom 4 and off the upper mezzanine landing to bedroom 5 and a storage cupboard (which in turn has a high level door accessing an impressive large loft storage space). Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (18' 7'' x 13' 5'') (5.66m x 4.09m)
a large principal double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and a wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash windows. Radiators and a door accessing a stylish en suite wet room/wc.
En Suite Wet Room/WC: (8' 3'' x 2' 7'') (2.51m x 0.79m)
a superb en suite wet room with glazed double doors accessing a shower area with dual headed system fed shower and recessed alcove shelving, low level wc with concealed cistern and push button flush, wash mounted wash basin, tiled floor and part tiled walls, large built in mirror with built-in demister, wall mounted contemporary towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 3'' x 12' 11'' (4.34m x 3.93m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, radiator, an attractive period fireplace with inset tiles and period surround, large double glazed sash window to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 10'' x 10' 1'' (4.52m x 3.07m)
double glazed sash window to front, high ceilings and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 3'' x 10' 7'' (4.34m x 3.22m)
(off lower mezzanine landing) a double bedroom which is currently arranged as a children's playroom with a pretty cast iron period fireplace with built in storage cupboards to chimney recesses, exposed painted floorboards, period sash window to rear and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 2'' x 10' 7'' (4.31m x 3.22m)
(off upper mezzanine landing) a double bedroom with plenty of natural light provided by the double glazed sash window to rear and additional Velux skylight window over, radiator and built in storage cupboard.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 11'' x 5' 7'') (2.72m x 1.70m)
a classic white bathroom suite with double ended bath with central mixer tap and system fed dual headed shower over with folding glass shower screen, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, period style radiator, high ceilings with inset spotlights and 2 large obscure glazed sash windows provide plenty of natural light.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the property has the benefit of a wide frontage with a driveway laid to stone chippings providing off street parking for at least two cars. Attractive stone pillars and period stone wall to front with corner raised border containing shrubs. Pathway leading up to the left hand side of the property where there is gated access through to the rear garden and the main front door to the house. N.B. As well as the ample off road parking the property is within the Redland residents parking permit zone.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 29' 0'') (15.23m x 8.83m)
beautifully landscaped generous level garden with a large paved seating area closest to the property, perfect for outdoor entertaining. The seating area leads onto a level lawn framed with period stone wall and fenced boundaries. To the rear of the garden there is a raised railway sleeper border containing various plants, shrubs and a plum tree. Door accesses a useful outbuilding/garden store and gated side access provides a handy access through from the front of the property to the rear garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.