0117 946 6690
- A most attractive 1930's detached family residence
- 4 bedrooms (2 doubles and 2 singles), 2 reception rooms (plus a conservatory)
- Sunny 50ft x 35ft side garden
- Off road parking and a garage
- Convenient location, close to Stoke Lane shops
- within approx 600m of Elmlea School
A most attractive and conveniently located 4 bedroom (2 doubles and 2 singles), 2 reception room (plus a conservatory) 1930's detached family residence situated on the upper section of Falcondale Road close to the shops and amenities of Stoke Lane and Westbury-on-Trym village and enjoying a sunny 50ft x 35ft garden, off road parking and a garage.
Highly convenient location within a gentle stroll of the shops, cafes and restaurants of Stoke Lane and Westbury-on-Trym village, also within 700 metres of Elmlea Junior School as well as being nearby Red Maids and Badminton Schools and bus connections to Whiteladies Road and the city centre.
Ground Floor: vestibule, reception hall, 22ft x 13ft bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room, shower room/wc, kitchen/breakfast room with doors off to utility room and conservatory.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4/study, family bathroom/wc and staircase up to an attic room.
Owned and enjoyed by the current owners for the last 20 years, this impressive looking property now offers exciting potential for some gentle cosmetic updating, allowing one to put their own stamp on this inviting 1930's detached home.
via garden gate and pathway leading beside lawned front gardens to a patio area in front of the central entrance to the property.
high ceilings, original tiled floor, 2 built in cupboards (one housing fuse box and electric and gas meters, and the other providing storage space) and attractive original stained glass double doors with stained glass panels beside and over leading through into the central reception hallway.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (13' 0'' x 7' 10'' max inclusive of staircase) (3.96m x 2.39m)
original staircase rising to first floor landing, picture rail, wood laminated flooring, radiator with decorative cover, door accessing useful understairs storage cupboard and further doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, kitchen/breakfast room (which in turn has doors off to the utility room and conservatory) and shower room/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (22' 10'' max into bay x 13' 0'' max into chimney recess) (6.95m x 3.96m)
good sized family sitting room with a bowed bay to front comprising double glazed windows overlooking the front garden, further windows to rear and side, attractive period style cast iron fireplace with gas coal effect fire, wood surround and granite hearth, ceiling coving, picture rail and radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (16' 1'' max into bay x 12' 7'' max into chimney recess) (4.90m x 3.83m)
wide bowed bay to front comprising double glazed windows, further double glazed window to side, picture rail, gas fire, wood laminated flooring and radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (13' 1'' x 12' 8'' max) (3.98m x 3.86m)
a good sized kitchen which was extended in 2000, with a range of base and eye level kitchen units with roll edged laminated worktops over, inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for range cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer, built in chimney extractor hood, tiled flooring, part tiled walls, radiator, inset spotlights and double doors leading through to the conservatory, further door accesses utility room.
a conservatory to the side of the property accessed off the kitchen with double doors accessing a decked seating area to the front of the property attracting much of the afternoon sunshine.
UTILITY ROOM: (6' 6'' x 5' 11'') (1.98m x 1.80m)
built in storage cupboards with roll edged worktop over and stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer over, low level wall mounted Baxi gas boiler, window to rear and part glazed door to side providing access onto a rear courtyard which in turn has a pathway leading behind the garage to the main section of garden.
small shower enclosure, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, part tiled walls and radiator.
a feature arched stained glass window to rear, picture rail, Airing Cupboard with built in slatted shelving and doors of to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4/study and family bathroom/wc. Staircase rising up to an attic room.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (12' 11'' max into chimney recess x 12' 1'') (3.93m x 3.68m)
double bedroom with dual aspect double glazed windows to front and side, picture rail and radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 8'' max into bay x 13' 1'' max into chimney recess) (4.47m x 3.98m)
double bedroom with wide bowed bay to front comprising double glazed windows, further double glazed window to side overlooking the main portion of garden, radiator and door accessing a recessed storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (7' 11'' x 7' 10'') (2.41m x 2.39m)
double glazed windows to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4/STUDY: (7' 10'' x 7' 0'') (2.39m x 2.13m)
period part stained glass window to side, partial ceiling coving, picture rail and radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (12' 9'' x 6' 0'') (3.88m x 1.83m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, corner shower enclosure, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, tiled walls and floor, double glazed window to rear, shaver point, ceiling coving, inset spotlights and chrome effect heated towel rails.
ATTIC ROOM: (16' 4'' x 7' 6'' max taken below sloped ceilings) (4.97m x 2.28m)
useful attic space with Velux skylight windows and radiator. Although the vendors use this space as a bedroom, it has been informally converted historically and does not have any building regulations approval.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the property has a generous frontage with lawned gardens and a paved area to the front of the house which wraps around to one side where there is a decked seating area. To the right of the property there is a gated driveway providing off street parking for at least one car leading up to a good sized single garage with pitched roof. Beside the driveway there is an opening through to the main section of garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 35' 0'') (15.23m x 10.66m)
level lawned garden to the side of the property enjoying a sunny aspect, patio seating area closest to the house and pathway off the patio leads to a small rear courtyard area where there are doors into the garage and utility room.
generous single garage with pitched roof, double doors to front and separate door accessing the rear courtyard.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.