0117 946 6690
- A charming Victorian family home
- 3/4 bedrooms
- Plenty of original character and features
- Pretty rear garden
- Close to Chandos Rd, with it's independent cafes and restaurants
- Nearby Cotham gardens Park, Redland train station, Gloucester Rd and excellent schools
A bright and well-presented 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room period family home located in the heart of Redland, just off Chandos Road. Further benefiting from flexible accommodation arranged over three floors, plenty of original character and features and a pretty 26ft x 16ft level rear garden.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, 16ft x 11ft sitting room with recessed storage cupboard, reception 3/bedroom 3, also with recessed storage cupboard.
First Floor: landing with skylight window, 2 double bedrooms and a large family bathroom/shower/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: landing and entrance hallway with useful independent front entrance, reception 2, good sized kitchen/breakfast room with double doors providing seamless access out onto the rear garden and further door to utility room and ground floor shower room/wc.
Fabulous location in the heart of Redland just off Chandos Road, with its highly regarded independent restaurants. Also within 1/2 mile of Whiteladies Road, Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and excellent schools including Colston's Primary and Cotham Secondary.
Within the Cotham North residents parking zone.
An attractive character home in a highly convenient location.
via pathway with steps leading up beside the front garden to the main front entrance to the property. There are also steps descending to the independent lower ground floor entrance.
high ceilings with original ceiling coving and feature archway, exposed original stripped floorboards, dado rail, radiator, staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to lower ground floor landing and doors lead off to the sitting room and bedroom 3/reception 3.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) 16' 1'' max into chimney recess x 11' 10'' (4.90m x 3.60m)
a generous sitting room spanning the entire width of the house with a large sash window overlooking the rear garden, exposed stripped floorboards, feature tiled fireplace with wood surround and mantle, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door accessing useful recessed storage cupboard with built in shelving.
BEDROOM 3/RECEPTION 3: (front) 12' 2'' max into chimney recess x 11' 9'' (3.71m x 3.58m)
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, attractive period cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, 2 sash windows to front, radiator and useful recessed storage cupboard with built in shelving.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
central landing with hallway off to the front where there is an independent front door, understairs storage cupboard, high level meter cupboard housing gas and electrical meters and fuse box for electrics, tiled floor, dado rail, radiator and doors off to kitchen/breakfast room and reception 2.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (rear) 16' 0'' max into recess x 11' 4'' (4.87m x 3.45m)
modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cream coloured units with woodblock worktop over and inset 11/2 bowl sink and drainer unit, integrated stainless steel electric oven with 4 ring gas hob and chimney hood over, integrated Bosch dishwasher, peninsular unit with overhanging breakfast bar, ample space for dining room table and chairs, contemporary upright radiator, wall mounted gas boiler, inset spotlights, stone tiled flooring, useful recessed storage cupboard, door through to utility room and double glazed French doors leading out onto the rear garden.
UTILITY ROOM: 10' 0'' x 4' 10'' (3.05m x 1.47m)
a range of base level units with woodblock worktop over and Belfast style sink, appliance space for fridge/freezer and washing machine, cat flap, skylight window, inset spotlights, radiator and door off to ground floor shower room/wc.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 10' 1'' x 2' 5'' (3.07m x 0.74m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, small wash hand basin, stone tiled floor, radiator, skylight window and inset spotlights.
RECEPTION 2: (front) 12' 0'' max into chimney recess x 11' 6'' (3.65m x 3.50m)
a useful reception room, home office or bedroom with sash window to front, radiator, inset spotlights and door accessing recessed storage cupboard with built in shelving.
a spacious landing flooded with natural light provided by the Velux skylight window over, built in storage cupboard and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 16' 1'' max into chimney recess x 11' 11'' (4.90m x 3.63m)
a large double bedroom with 2 double glazed sash windows to front, high ceilings with ceiling coving and central rose, exposed period floorboards and doors accessing recessed built in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 11' 9'' x 9' 3'' max into chimney recess (3.58m x 2.82m)
a pretty bedroom with double glazed sliding sash window to rear, pretty period fireplace, radiator and door accessing recessed storage cupboard.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 11' 11'' x 6' 6'' (3.63m x 1.98m)
modern white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachments, oversized corner shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, exposed period floorboards, radiator, double glazed sash window to rear and loft hatch.
small courtyard front garden with low level boundary wall and staircase leading up to the main front door and descending to the independent lower ground floor entrance.
Rear: 26' 0'' x 16' 0'' reducing to 7'6" (7.92m x 4.87m)
low maintenance level rear garden mainly laid to slate tiling and decking with flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and a tree.
the property is within the Cotham North parking zone and permits are available from Bristol City Council for a modest annual fee.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.