0117 946 6690
- A most engaging and strikingly attractive, double fronted, Georgian style grade II listed residence
- 4 double bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Retains many of its original features including ornate moulded plasterwork
- Front garden (38ft x 28ft)
- Circa 1,600 sq. ft
- An immensely appealing family home in an exceedingly sought after location
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £695,000 - £725,000.
A most engaging and strikingly attractive, double fronted, 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, Georgian style grade II listed residence, of circa 1,600 sq. ft., having 38ft x 28ft front garden and residents parking, enjoying an excellent location just a stone's throw from the many amenities of Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road and the Downs.
A charming grade II listed building dating from circa 1840 that retains many of its original features including ornate moulded plasterwork, elegant turning staircase and multi-paned sash windows.
Tucked away on a quiet horseshoe featuring an attractive collection of period houses and yet so convenient for the vast array of amenities on Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road including local shops, supermarkets, restaurants and bars, the Downs and Clifton Down railway station are also nearby, close to St John's Primary School and with easy access to Clifton Village and the city centre.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hall, kitchen/dining room, dining room.
First Floor: landing, sitting room, two double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, two further double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room).
Outside: front garden (38ft x 28ft) with high hedge border on two sides, garden shed.
An immensely appealing family home in an exceedingly sought after location.
from the pavement, a high hedge border provides a good amount of privacy and incorporates a central arch with pedestrian gate opening to a pathway which bisects the garden to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and external lantern light, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlight. Part glazed wooden door with fanlight, opening to:-
having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor which enjoys plenty of natural light via a large multi-paned sash window to the side elevation at half landing. Useful understairs storage cupboard, moulded skirtings, coat hooks, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (14' 9'' x 10' 8'') (4.49m x 3.25m)
multi-paned sash window overlooking the front garden with working shutters. Solid rolled edge wooden worktops with double undermount Belfast style sinks plus mixer tap, shaker style base level units, plate rack, shelving, range master cooker set into chimney breast, oval edged wall tiling, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, exposed wooden floor boards, radiator. Concealed space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer.
DINING ROOM: (11' 0'' x 8' 9'') (3.35m x 2.66m)
tall multi-paned sash window overlooking the front garden with working shutters. Central ornate cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth and mantel piece. Victorian style radiator, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point. Airing Cupboard housing Baxi gas fired combination boiler.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
aforementioned multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, ornate ceiling rose with light point. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (22' 1'' x 10' 8'') (6.73m x 3.25m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the side elevation. Central period fireplace with coal effect fire, cast iron surround, hearth and ornately carved bullseye style mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted shelving and double opening cupboards. Exposed wooden floorboards, two Victorian style radiators, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, two ornate ceiling roses with light points.
Panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen, double edged tiles, wall mounted shower unit with over head circular shower and hand held shower attachment. High level flush wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with splash back tiling. Period fireplace with basket, tiled hearth and mantel piece, wall to ceiling cupboard to one side of the fireplace, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, extractor fan, towel rail, additional Victorian style radiator, multi pained sash window to the front elevation with working shutters.
BEDROOM 1: (22' 1'' x 10' 10'') (6.73m x 3.30m)
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, central period fireplace with cast iron surround and ornately carved white painted wooden mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, two ornate ceiling roses with light points, two radiators.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 11'' x 10' 6'') (4.54m x 3.20m)
central period fireplace with cast iron grate and ornate Carrera marble bullseye mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted shelving and radiators. Multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with working shutters. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation with secondary glazing and complimentary window shelf, radiator, skylight window, inset ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 3: (15' 0'' x 9' 10'') (4.57m x 2.99m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with rooftop views, skylight window, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, two radiators, inset ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 4: (9' 2'' x 8' 11'') (2.79m x 2.72m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Useful double opening cupboard over stairwell. Loft access. Door opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (5' 9'' x 5' 4'') (1.75m x 1.62m)
corner shower and cubicle with sliding glass doors and side panels, low level shower tray, fully tiled surround and wall ,mounted shower unit with hand held shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Virtual floor to ceiling glass block panel, partially tiled walls, wood effect tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: (38' 5'' x 28' 3'') (11.70m x 8.60m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy with trellised fencing and high hedge borders. A central pathway bisects areas of lawn to a paved patio. Attractive garden shed with stained glass window and tiled roof.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. The property occupies the top three quarters of this delightful building with the bottom floor being part of Wild Oats Health Food Shop (A1 usage). This is on a 999 year lease from 1 July 1980. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.