0117 946 6690
- A large and impressive (circa 3,500 sq. ft.) Victorian period family house
- 5/6 bedrooms, 3/4 reception rooms, 3 bathrooms
- A quite exceptional family home retaining many period features
- Offering spacious and flexible accommodation throughout
- Landscaped and generously sized front and rear gardens
- Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,350,000 - £1,400,000
A large and impressive, circa 3,500 sq.ft. 5/6 bedroom, 3/4 reception, 3 bathroom Victorian period family house with landscaped front and rear gardens
A quite exceptional family home retaining many period features, and offering spacious and flexible accommodation throughout - (elements of which could be adapted to provide work from home spaces, or for informal renting or for dependent relatives or independent teenagers if required).
Located in a sought after road close to Cotham Gardens Park and within easy reach of the amenities of Whiteladies Road and the Gloucester Road and close to Redland railway station, and the University and hospital areas. Situated circa 400 metres from Cotham Gardens Primary School and circa 600 metres from Cotham School.
Ground Floor: reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast/family room, studio, study and cloakroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: 2 large rooms with further potential.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bathroom/wc, 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and inner hallway.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 5, bedroom 6 and bathroom/wc.
Landscaped and generously sized front and rear gardens.
A fine residence in an elevated position.
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
from the pavement pass between stone pillars with wrought iron gate and follow sweeping pathway through the front garden to the left hand side of the property. Solid wooden front door with fanlight above and stone canopy with corbels.
RECEPTION HALL: (17' 1'' x 8' 5'' including staircase) (5.20m x 2.56m)
ceiling cornice and radiator. Doors radiate to sitting room, family room, cloakroom/wc and opening to inner hallway with doors leading to studio and study. Staircase with period balustrade with stripped wooden hand rail rises to first floor landing and staircase descends to lower ground floor cellar rooms.
SITTING ROOM: (17' 8'' x 17' 4'' into bay) (5.38m x 5.28m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, period fireplace with marble surround and iron and tiled insert and slate hearth, triple sash bay window with stripped working three quarter height shutters and window seat which also provides storage space. Radiator.
described and measured separately as follows: (through measurement from the kitchen to the far side of the family room is 36'9 (11.20m)
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (14' 4'' x 11' 10'') (4.37m x 3.60m)
good range of base and wall mounted units with rolled edge granite work surfaces with upstands, twin bowl Belfast sink, built in double fridge, plumbing for dishwasher, large range style cooker with extractor hood, island unit with butchers block work surface, suspended pot rack and glass shelving, Chinese slate tiled floor, tall radiator, window to rear elevation and back door leads onto rear garden.
Family Room: (24' 2'' x 15' 2'') (7.36m x 4.62m)
wooden floorboards, ceiling cornice, picture rail, triple sash bay window to front elevation with working three quarter height shutters, fireplace with wood burning stove.
STUDIO: (15' 4'' x 11' 4'') (4.67m x 3.45m)
sash window to front and rear elevations with stripped wooden shutters, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator.
STUDY: (13' 2'' x 10' 1'') (4.01m x 3.07m)
sash window to rear elevation, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator. (The study and dining room whilst fully integrated with the house offer scope to provide a separate mini annex if required.)
white suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback and low level wc with wooden seat and lid, radiator, sash window to rear elevation and high level shelving.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Steps lead down from the reception hall to two large rooms.
ROOM 1/UTILITY: (23' 2'' into bay x 14' 8'') (7.06m x 4.47m)
(ceiling height 6'7/2.01m) tiled floor, plumbing for washing machine, work surface with stainless steel single bowl sink unit, window to side elevation, Worcester gas boiler, radiator.
ROOM 2: (16' 10'' x 10' 10'' into bay) (5.13m x 3.30m)
opening from room 1, tiled floor, electricity meter and fuses and window to side elevation, plumbing for radiator.
LANDING: (21' 10'' x 8' 9'' max including staircase) (6.65m x 2.66m)
lovely open landing with arched sash window to side elevation and ceiling cornice, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and door to inner hall and so access to the second floor.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 2'' x 14' 3'') (4.62m x 4.34m)
ceiling cornice, twin arched sash windows to front elevation and radiator. Door to en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/WC:
white suite comprising large contemporary style basin, low level wc, large bath with mains fed shower over and shower shield, tiled floor and extensive wall tiling, heated mirror, heated towel rail, mirror fronted storage cupboards, extractor fan, ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (13' 9'' x 13' 2'') (4.19m x 4.01m)
ceiling cornice, twin arched sash window to front elevation and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (15' 3'' x 12' 1'') (4.64m x 3.68m)
ceiling cornice, sash window, radiator and pedestal wash hand basin, built in cupboards.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (12' 5'' x 10' 3'') (3.78m x 3.12m)
sash window to rear elevation and radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (13' 1'' x 4' 10'') (3.98m x 1.47m)
white suite comprising low level wc, panelled bath with extensive wall tiling and Gainsborough shower over, wash hand basin, radiator and sash window to rear elevation.
sash window to side elevation and extensive fitted storage cupboards and stairs rise to second floor landing.
stripped wooden floorboards, doors radiate to bedrooms 5 and 6 and bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 5/2ND SITTING ROOM: (overall max dimensions 18' 10'' x 15' 2'') (5.74m x 4.62m)
(measured into walls below sloping ceiling at 2'5/0.74m height above floor level) (currently used as a sitting room with utility area, stripped wooden floor, Velux double glazed window to front elevation, storage cupboard and door to eaves storage area (with plumbing for washing machine), radiator. Opens to:- UTILITY: double glazed Velux skylight, base units with rolled work surfaces and tiled splashback, stainless steel single bowl sink unit and drainer, space for fridge etc.
BEDROOM 6: (overall max dimensions 14' 3'' x 9' 11'') (4.34m x 3.02m)
(measured into walls below sloping ceiling at 2'5/0.74m height floor above floor level) dormer window with double glazed units and radiator.
(restricted headroom) white suite comprising low level wc and pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback and panelled bath with tiled surrounds, double glazed ceiling skylight and radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (63' 0'' x 26' 0'' min) (19.19m x 7.92m)
landscaped front garden with extensive flower beds and borders with rock edging comprising a number of specimen plants, shrubs, bushes and trees including an ancient Olive tree, a prolific damson tree and a Wisteria. Sweeping pathway provides access to the front door on the left hand side of the house and also on the right hand side of the house to a side gate and so to the rear garden. There is also a useful shed for storage of bikes etc and further garden shed.
REAR GARDEN: (61' 0'' x circa 40' 0'' tapering to 35'0) (18.58m x 12.18m/10.67m)
a very pleasant landscaped garden with flagstone patio and flower, shrub, bush and tree borders including a cherry tree and fruitful apple and pear trees. The garden also has a pond and a useful lean-to greenhouse/potting shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.