0117 946 6690
- A spacious conversion of a former chapel (circa 1,850 sq. ft.)
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- Having a fine array of period features
- Immaculately presented with accommodation over three levels
- Rear courtyard and additional sunken courtyard
- Single garage
Enjoying a quiet tucked away position on the south side of Clifton and convenient for the Harbourside; a spacious 4 bedroom, 3 bath/shower room conversion of a former chapel (circa 1,850 sq. ft.) with courtyard rear garden and SINGLE GARAGE.
Having a fine array of period features including multi-paned arched sash windows, working shutters, decorative recesses and ornate moulded cornicing.
Immaculately presented with accommodation over three levels and solid wood flooring on the ground and lower ground floors. The ground floor has a contemporary kitchen with integrated appliances which flows beautifully into the sitting/dining room which is ideal for entertaining. This principal reception room has double doors with side panels opening onto the rear courtyard. On the first floor, bedroom 1 is situated to the front elevation with fitted wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom. There are two further bedrooms serviced by a family bathroom, whilst on the lower ground floor there is an additional bedroom with en-suite shower room as well as a gym/cinema room and separate utility.
Outside the property there is rear courtyard and an additional sunken courtyard.
A discreet backwater location on the fringes of the harbourside and Clifton Village with its fashionable bars, boutiques and restaurants. Bristol city centre is a short distance away and accessed via the A4 or water taxis. The docks provide leisure activities such as sailing and kayaking.
Schools are well catered for, Primary and Secondary, with Hotwells Primary a short walk away. Bristol has two mainline train stations, the closest of which is Temple Meads with services to many cities nationwide.
from the pavement, there is a Bath stone entrance with double wooden doors opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat and solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, wall mounted digital thermostat heating control, inset ceiling downlights. Double opening cloakroom cupboard with hanging rail and ample shelving plus switchboard. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling, solid oak flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlight, extractor fan.
SITTING/DINING ROOM: (19' 8'' x 19' 2'') (5.99m x 5.84m)
wide archway overlooking the courtyard rear garden with double opening casement doors and panels to either side, additional sash window also to the rear elevation with deep sill. Period stone fireplace with matching hearth and coal effect gas fire. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both with wall light points and one with fitted shelving), solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights. Attractive fitted bookshelving above the part galleried staircase descending to the lower ground floor level. Turning staircase ascending to the first floor with double opening cupboard beneath. Six-panelled double doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
KITCHEN: (11' 3'' x 10' 3'') (3.43m x 3.12m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss base and eye level units comprising drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged wood effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Stainless steel central sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances including eye level electric double oven, 4 ring gas hob, extractor and dishwasher. Space for tall fridge/freezer, solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, sash window to the front elevation. Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler. Six-panelled door returning to the entrance hall.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via two raised height skylight windows, decorative arched recess, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, wall light point. Loft access with pull down ladder. Cupboard with shelving. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (13' 0'' x 9' 10'') (3.96m x 2.99m)
multi-paned arched sash window to the front elevation with working shutters, built-in double wardrobe with cupboards above, decorative arched recess, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Six-panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
En-Suite Bathroom/WC: (8' 7'' x 6' 5'') (2.61m x 1.95m)
multi-paned arched sash window to the front elevation with working shutters. Panelled bath with twin handgrips, shower screen, hot and cold water taps and built-in shower unit with wall mounted handheld shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Low level wc. Partially tiled walls, tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 11'' x 9' 7'') (3.93m x 2.92m)
multi-paned arched sash window to the rear elevation with working shutters, built-in double wardrobe with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 8'' x 9' 10'') (3.25m x 2.99m)
multi-paned arched sash window to the rear elevation with working shutters, decorative arched recess, moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (6' 5'' x 5' 9'') (1.95m x 1.75m)
panelled bath with twin handgrips, shower screen, hot and cold water taps, built-in shower unit and wall mounted handheld shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Low level wc. Decorative arched recesses, tiled flooring, partially tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, raised height skylight window, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, wall light point.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
GYM/CINEMA ROOM: (17' 0'' x 8' 2'' plus 6'9 x 5'6) (5.18m x 2.49m plus 2.06m x 1.68m)
solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, vertical radiator, wall light points, inset ceiling downlights, simple moulded cornicing, roof light. Part glazed door opening externally to the sunken courtyard. Large storage cupboard. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: (10' 1'' x 9' 4'') (3.07m x 2.84m)
solid oak flooring, lightwell, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, heated towel rail/radiator, shared window to the side elevation. Open walkway to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
shower cubicle with low level shower tray, built-in shower unit and an overhead circular shower. Low level wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and pull out drawer below. Travertine tiled flooring and walls, wall mounted mirror with integral lighting, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. Frosted glass double glazed window to the side elevation (shared with the bedroom).
UTILITY ROOM: (5' 9'' x 4' 2'') (1.75m x 1.27m)
tiled worktop with matching upstand, undermount Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap. Space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights.
REAR COURTYARD GARDEN: (20' 8'' x 10' 11'' including sunken courtyard) (6.29m x 3.32m)
designed for ease of maintenance and tiled with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Two external wall light points. Pedestrian gate opening into the secure electronically operated gated car park of no. 4 Dowry Square (a fire exit and also a useful way to put the refuse bin out). Spiralled staircase descending to:-
SUNKEN COURTYARD: (10' 11'' x 4' 5'') (3.32m x 1.35m)
again designed for ease of maintenance with tiled flooring and wall light point. Aforementioned spiralled staircase ascending to the main courtyard. Fire escape door for Albert Hall North (the adjoining house).
GARAGE: (14' 9'' x 7' 11'') (4.49m x 2.41m)
Situated at the top of North Green South and the left hand of the pair. Metal up and over door.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.