0117 946 6690
- GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,500,000
- An impressive & flexible large 3609 sq. ft. mid Victorian period semi-detached town house with 12 main rooms over 4 floors.
- Has front & rear town gardens including off street parking for 2/3 cars in a prime location near Clifton College & the Downs.
- Currently arranged with 3 self contained homes in one providing an exceptional up market 'home plus income' platform.
- Easily reverts to a stunning single family residence or has potential for further flat conversion subject to any necessary consents.
- A spacious 3 bedroom maisonette with 2 reception rooms, kitchen/diner & 2 'bathrooms' occupies the hall & lower ground floors
- Two large 1 bedroom flats each with sitting room, Kitchen/breakfast room and bathroom/wc occupy the first & second floors.
- The accommodation has a very civilised & homely atmosphere with natural light flooding in through big sash windows.
- Retains many original period features including ceiling cornices & roses, numerous fireplaces & some stained glass fenestration.
- A grand but understated & well appointed house with immense character & generously sized principal rooms.
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,500,000
An impressive & flexible large mid Victorian period semi-detached town house c 3,609 sq. ft. with 12 main rooms over 4 floors and front & rear town gardens inc. off street parking for 2/3 cars in a prime location near Clifton College and the Downs. Currently operates as an exceptional up market 'home plus income' but the whole house can easily revert to a stunning private family residence or alternatively has potential for further flat conversion subject to planning.
Currently configured with three self-contained homes in one: An extensive 3 bedroom, 2/3 reception room, 2 'bathroom' maisonette arranged over the hall and lower ground floors & two large 1 bedroom flats on the first and second floors.
A grand but understated and well-appointed house with immense character, generously sized principal rooms, a very civilised & homely atmosphere and many original period features including ceiling cornices, stained glass windows, numerous fireplaces and big sash windows which flood the house with natural light.
In a prime location near Clifton College and so convenient for Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the Downs, with easy access to the city centre, business, shopping and commercial districts, the waterfront area, Bristol University and Park Street environs, main hospitals and a good selection of state and independent schools including Bristol Grammar and Clifton High.
Hall Floor - Maisonette: communal porch entrance and inner hallway, entrance hallway, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, inner hallway/landing, study.
Lower Ground Floor - Maisonette: enclosed porch entrance, inner hallway, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc with shower, utility & rear hallway area.
First Floor - Flat 1: entrance hallway, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, bedroom, bathroom/wc with shower.
Second (Top) Floor - Flat 2: entrance hallway, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, bedroom, bathroom/wc with shower.
Outside: driveway parking for 2/3 cars, front garden (30'11 x 46'0 max/42'0 min), rear garden (28'9 x 20'6 max/17'0 min)
RESIDENCE - HALL FLOOR
via paved front courtyard/parking area within front garden area, steps and railings with stone balustrade lead to the main front entrance door with stained glass fanlight, secondary front entrance door at lower ground floor level in under the front of the house via a side path.
COMMUNAL PORCH ENTRANCE: (6' 5'' max between doors x 5' 0'' width) (1.95m x 1.52m)
ornate ceiling cornice, fine tessellated floor, dado rail, inner door and side/over lights with beautiful stained glass, communal Inner Hallway with ornate ceiling cornice, dado rail, original door bell, staircase rising to upper floors, door off to maisonette.
MAISONETTE - HALL FLOOR
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (5' 11'' x 4' 11'' deep) (1.80m x 1.50m)
SITTING ROOM: (18' 11'' into bay x 14' 11'' into chimney recess) (5.76m x 4.54m)
ornate ceiling cornice & centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with triple sash windows, period fireplace with marble surround/overmantel & iron/tiled insert & fire basket with inset living flame coal effect gas fire, radiators.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (rear) (19' 11'' into bay x 14' 11'' into chimney recess) (6.07m x 4.54m)
ornate ceiling cornice & centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with triple sash windows, twin vertical radiators, laminate strip flooring with oak finish, comprehensive range of good quality kitchen base and wall units incorporating drawers, cupboards and cabinets together with butchers block worksurfaces with tiling behind & lighting over plus 1 1/2 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and rinsing bowl, 5 ring gas hob unit, twin electric ovens/grill, upright fridge/freezer, shelf for microwave.
sash window with adjacent picture window, cupboard understairs, staircase down to lower ground floor.
STUDY: (front) (13' 9'' min excluding bay x 7' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.19m x 2.28m)
ornate ceiling cornice, sash window set into shallow bay, bookshelves built into both chimney recesses, radiator.
white suite in tiled surrounds, low level wc, hand basin, radiator, extractor fan.
MAISONETTE - LOWER GROUND FLOOR
internally via staircase down from the hall floor, externally via secondary front door into porch and front hallway.
ENCLOSED PORCH ENTRANCE: (5' 8'' x 4' 5'') (1.73m x 1.35m)
chequer tiled floor, electricity trip switches and meters for the 3 households, inner door to:-
FRONT HALLWAY: (12' 5'' x 4' 5'') (3.78m x 1.35m)
radiator, opening through to rear hallway and utility room.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (20' 3'' into bay x 14' 7'' into chimney recess) (6.17m x 4.44m)
picture rail, wide bay with triple sash windows, laminate strip flooring in light oak finish, extensive range of twin built in double wardrobes with cupboards over, radiator.
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (rear) (6' 0'' x 4' 9'' max plus 3'2 x 2'11) (1.83m x 1.45m plus 0.97m x 0.89m)
white suite in tiled surrounds comprising low level wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap built into cabinet surrounds with cupboards under & adjacent shaver points and mirror over, fully tiled shower enclosure with system fed shower unit, extractor fan, laminate flooring in light oak finish, heated towel rail/radiator, obscure glazed sash window.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (19' 5'' into bay x 14' 7'') (5.91m x 4.44m)
picture rail, wide bay with triple sash windows, radiator, boarded period fireplace surround & overmantel.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (11' 1'' x 7' 10'') (3.38m x 2.39m)
sash window, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC with SHOWER: (5' 6'' x 4' 9'' plus recess 2'9 x 2'1) (1.68m x 1.45m plus 0.84m x 0.64m)
white suite in tiled surrounds, wash hand basin in cabinet with mixer taps, shaver points/mirror above & cupboard below, low level wc, panelled bath in recess with system fed shower over bath, extractor fan, electric heated towel rail/radiator, laminate strip flooring in light oak finish.
UTILITY & REAR HALLWAY:
door out to rear garden, stainless steel sink unit and adjacent worktop with plumbing under for washing machine, boiler/linen cupboard with Worcester gas boiler, storage cupboard understairs, radiator.
FLAT 1 - FIRST FLOOR
communal staircase rising from communal hallway at hall floor level via a half landing with beautiful big double height stained glass sash window, communal first floor landing with entrance door into:-
ENTRANCE HALL: (internal) (17' 5'' x 3' 0'' min/3'9 max) (5.30m x 0.91m/1.14m)
electric night storage heater, part ceiling cornice, electric trip switches, cupboard with plumbing for washing machine, entry phone.
RECEPTION ROOM: (front) (14' 9'' into shallow bay x 14' 7'' into chimney recess) (4.49m x 4.44m)
twin sash windows, ceiling cornice, picture rail, handsome period fireplace with surround/overmantel & iron/tiled insert and fire basket, electric night storage heater.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (front) (13' 1'' into chimney recess x 10' 1'' into shallow bays) (3.98m x 3.07m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, twin sash windows set in shallow bays, range of kitchen base & wall units incorporating drawers/cupboards & worksurfaces with tiling behind & inset stainless steel single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, further floor mounted storage cupboards, electric cooker connection, ample space for table and chairs, vinyl flooring.
BEDROOM: (rear) (15' 6'' x 15' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.72m x 4.57m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, twin sash windows into a wide shallow bay, fine period fireplace with surround/overmantel & iron/tiled insert & fire basket, electric night storage heater.
BATHROOM/WC with SHOWER (rear) (16' 2'' x 5' 5'' inclusive of airing cupboard) (4.92m x 1.65m)
sash window, white suite in tiled surrounds, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with adjacent mirror fronted cabinet, panelled bath with mixer tap and Triton electric shower unit over bath, electric heated towel rail, vinyl flooring, shaver point, Airing Cupboard with linen shelf and lagged hot water cylinder fitted with an electric immersion heater, extractor fan.
FLAT 2 - SECOND FLOOR
communal staircase rising from first floor communal landing via a half landing with big sash window casting natural light into the stairwell and landings.
ENTRANCE HALL ('L' shaped max dimensions 9' 11'' x 6' 10'') (3.02m x 2.08m)
but measured in two parts as (6'10 x 5'10 and 4'0 x 3'4) (2.08m x 1.78m and 1.22m x 1.02m) electric night storage heater, entry phone receiver, electric trip switches.
RECEPTION ROOM (front) (14' 10'' into chimney recess x 14' 7'') (4.52m x 4.44m)
sash window with safety feature & roof top vistas, fine period fireplace with surround/overmantel, picture rail, electric night storage heater.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM (front) (13' 8'' x 13' 5'' into chimney recess) (4.16m x 4.09m)
'L shaped max dimensions; sash window with rooftop vistas, picture rail, range of kitchen wall cupboards & base units with drawers/cupboards & work surfaces with tiling behind & plumbing under for washing machine, electric cooker connection, inset stainless steel single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, electric night storage heater, ample space for table and chairs, vinyl flooring.
BEDROOM: (15' 4'' x 14' 7'') (4.67m x 4.44m)
sash window with rooftop vistas, picture rail, period fireplace with surround/overmantel & iron/tiled insert & fire basket, electric night storage heater.
BATHROOM/WC & SHOWER (rear) (15' 6'' x 5' 10'' max inclusive of airing cupboard) (4.72m x 1.78m)
small upvc double glazed casement window with rooftop vistas, ceiling skylight window (provides access to external roof areas), white suite in tiled surrounds, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with adjacent shaver points and mirror fronted cabinet, panelled bath with mixer tap and Triton electric shower unit over bath, electric heated towel rail, vinyl flooring, Airing Cupboard with linen shelves and lagged hot water cylinder fitted with an electric immersion heater, extractor fan.
OFF STREET PARKING:
space for 2 or 3 cars (depending on size) on the paved & gravelled driveway/parking area within the front garden.
Front: (approx. 30' 0'' wide x 46' 0'' max/42'0 min depth) (9.14m x 14.01m/12.80m)
stone boundary walls on 2 sides, rendered wall to other side, front privet hedge for privacy, gravelled area & paved patio with privet hedge and side borders, outside power points, rockery borders either side of pathway to main front entrance door, further side path on the left hand side leads down to the lower ground floor secondary front door where there is an outside tap, gas meter and store under the pathway area.
Rear: (approx. 28' 0'' wide x 20' 0'' max/17ft min depth) (8.53m x 6.09m/5.18m)
borders containing flowering plants, shrubs and bushes, stone boundary walls, concreted rear terrace immediately behind the house, circular paved patio and gravelled area beyond, useful garden store/shed, external electric power points.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.