0117 946 6690
- An elegant and well proportioned mid-terraced Victorian period town house
- 5 double bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Semi open-plan kitchen and dining room
- Lovely atmosphere with many period features
- Front garden, enclosed rear garden with vehicular double gates onto Clyde Road
An elegant and well-proportioned, 5 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, mid-terraced Victorian period townhouse, situated on a much sought after road with pretty front and rear fully enclosed gardens, conveniently located close to the many amenities of Chandos Road, Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood literally on the doorstep of Chandos Road and within 0.5 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green park nearby, with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, plus local parks and leisure facilities. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations are both nearby.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate moulded plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards, sash windows etc. Private 45ft enclosed rear garden
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, cloakroom/wc, semi open-plan kitchen and dining room, double bedroom, rear hall, shower room.
First Floor: landing, drawing room, double bedroom, family bath/shower room, utility room.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, three further double bedrooms (5 in total)
Outside: front garden, enclosed rear garden with vehicular double gates onto Clyde Road.
A most appealing period residence offering gracious and versatile accommodation with so much to appreciate to savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
from the pavement, impressive gate pillars with pedestrian gate opening onto a pathway which runs alongside the front garden to the front entrance via slate steps. Solid four-panelled wooden door with fanlight and brass door furniture, opening to:-
solid oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, coat hooks and simple moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point. Part glazed stripped pine wooden door with overlight and moulded architraves, opening to:-
solid oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and simple moulded cornicing. Elegant easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Understairs storage cupboard housing hot water cylinder, additional cloakroom cupboard with hanging rail and shelving, recessed bookshelving, radiator and two ceiling light points. Doors opening to:-
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN & DINING ROOM: (27' 1'' x 13' 1'' max measurements) (8.25m x 3.98m)
a spacious dual aspect kitchen and entertaining space, loosely divided as follows:-
Kitchen: (13' 2'' x 11' 0'') (4.01m x 3.35m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units comprising drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting, ceramic sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integral Brittania range cooker with double electric oven, 6 ring gas hob and grill plus stainless steel extractor hood over. Space for American style fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail and ceiling light point. Multi-paned double opening windows overlooking the side return and rear garden with working shutters (these windows also provide additional access to the garden). Wide wall opening through to:-
Dining Room: (13' 11'' x 13' 1'') (4.24m x 3.98m)
large multi-paned sash window overlooking the front garden with working shutters, central working fireplace with hearth and ornately carved wooden mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose and ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, corner wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback tiling, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, complimentary shelf, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (11' 2'' x 9' 2'') (3.40m x 2.79m)
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation with radiator below, solid oak flooring, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights. Cupboard housing wall mounted Minimiser gas fired boiler. Double doors opening to:-
REAR HALL: (8' 0'' x 2' 7'') (2.44m x 0.79m)
opaque glazed window to the rear elevation, tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, fitted shelf, ceiling light point. Part double glazed wooden door opening externally to the side elevation. Door opening to:-
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (6' 11'' x 4' 10'') (2.11m x 1.47m)
double width shower cubicle with fully tiled surround, built-in shower unit and wall mounted shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring, radiator, windows to the rear elevation, extractor fan, ceiling light point.
attractive sweeping handrail and ornately carved spindles with turning staircase continuing to the second floor and enjoying plenty of natural light via a tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation. Tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator and two ceiling light points. At half landing part stained glass stripped pine double doors open to the family bath/shower room. Four-panelled stripped pine doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (17' 7'' x 13' 10'') (5.36m x 4.21m)
having a pair of tall multi-paned arched sash windows to the front elevation. Central period fireplace with ornately carved cast iron mantelpiece, hearth and decorative tiled slips. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, various wall light points, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose and ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 3'' x 11' 4'') (4.04m x 3.45m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, painted exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted wardrobe), picture rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (11' 5'' x 8' 9'') (3.48m x 2.66m)
low level wc. His and hers wash hand basins with hot and cold water taps and fitted oval bevel edged mirrors above plus towel rail and shelving below. Roll top bath with wall mounted mixer tap and tiled surround. Large shower cubicle with fully tiled surround, complimentary shelf, built-in shower unit and overhead circular shower. Tiled flooring, tall heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, wall light point, extractor fan, high sloping ceiling with Velux window. Part glazed stripped pine door opening to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 2'' x 4' 11'') (2.79m x 1.50m)
sloping ceiling with Velux window, tiled flooring, radiator, wall light point, space for chest freezer, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, extractor fan.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: (17' 5'' x 5' 9'' measurements including stairwell) (5.30m x 1.75m)
part galleried landing with full multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation enjoying a pleasant outlook, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point. Loft access with pull down ladder to part boarded loft space.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 11' 4'') (4.09m x 3.45m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, dado rail, radiator and ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 10'' x 8' 7'') (4.21m x 2.61m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 0'' x 8' 5'') (3.05m x 2.56m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point.
FRONT GARDEN: (22' 0'' x 16' 4'') (6.70m x 4.97m)
enjoying a good amount of privacy with dwarf stone wall along the front boundary and high hedge border, the remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn with slate chipped seating area and raised shrub border. Wood store and external power points plus external lantern light.
REAR GARDEN: (21' 4'' x 17' 2'' plus 25'3 x 7'7 side return) (6.50m x 5.23m plus 7.70m x 2.31m)
an attractive walled garden with sunny westerly side aspect. Designed for ease of maintenance and principally having artificial grass with areas of paving and stone chippings. Wooden supports for hammocks, ample space for table and chairs plus barbecuing, shed, external lantern light, outside water tap. Double opening vehicular gates onto Clyde Road.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £4.10. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.