0117 946 6690
- Generously proportioned (circa 3,250 sq. ft)
- Early Victorian period semi-detached town house
- 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms on upper floors
- 3 additional rooms on lower ground floor
- Driveway parking for two cars
- Detached single garage
- Front garden and 50ft x 35ft rear garden
A generously proportioned (circa 3,250 sq. ft.), early Victorian period semi-detached town house over four floors currently arranged with 5 bedroom, 2 reception accommodation on the three upper floors and useful rooms on the lower ground floor. Enjoying a prime location near Whiteladies Road with off street parking for two cars, single garage plus both front and rear gardens.
To be sold for the first time in 35 years, having been carefully maintained by the present owners and yet with exciting scope for enhancement.
Subject to any necessary consents the lower ground floor can be adaptable and flexible to suit own requirements either by offering the potential to be re-integrated and or re-configured and incorporated as one household (the original inter-connecting staircase is no longer in situ) to provide additional accommodation for extra family space, working from home, an independent relative, au-pair or teenagers domain etc., or could simply be a self-contained apartment for renting out.
Prime location: conveniently close to Whiteladies Road, Blackboy Hill and Clifton Triangle, yet far enough away to leave the hustle and bustle behind. The Downs and local St John's Primary School are nearby, whilst Cotham Gardens Primary and Cotham Secondary schools are within easy reach in addition to private schools such as Bristol Grammar, QEH, Clifton College and Badminton. There is also easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village and the wide facilities and attractions of the city/harbourside.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted drawing room, semi open-plan kitchen and dining room.
First Floor: landing, double bedroom with en-suite shower room, double bedroom, family bath/shower room, separate wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 3 further double bedrooms (five in total).
Lower Ground Floor: utility, 3 additional rooms, family bathroom.
Outside: driveway parking for two cars, detached single garage, front garden, rear garden (50ft x 35ft).
Having an array of period features including fireplaces, ornate moulded cornicing and multi-paned sash windows.
The property enjoys a prominent position with pleasant views down Hampton Park with its fine array of Victorian period buildings.
from the pavement, there are impressive gate pillars with wrought iron gates opening onto the driveway and to one side steps lead up to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (6' 5'' x 5' 2'') (1.95m x 1.57m)
ornate moulded cornicing, tall moulded skirtings and dado rail. Engineered oak flooring, coat hooks and ceiling light point. Part stained glass double doors with overlight opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (23' 2'' x 6' 11'') (7.06m x 2.11m)
spacious reception hall having an elegant easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles. Tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing and part stained glass sash window to the side elevation. Engineered oak flooring, radiator and ceiling light point. Useful understairs storage cupboard with light point and shelving. Four-panelled stripped pine doors with moulded architraves opening to the kitchen/dining room and drawing room. Open doorway through to the kitchen area.
DRAWING ROOM: (19' 4'' x 12' 2'') (5.89m x 3.71m)
having beautiful bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall sash windows with working shutters and an elevated view along Hampton Park. Central period working fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ornate ceiling rose. Radiator and ceiling light point.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM:
measured and described separately as follows:-
Kitchen: (11' 7'' x 5' 3'') (3.53m x 1.60m)
shaker style kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets. Roll edged wood effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances including electric fan oven, grill, 4 ring gas hob, extractor hood, fridge and freezer. Engineered oak flooring, space and plumbing for washing machine, window to the rear elevation, coved ceiling, illuminate strip light. Wide wall opening through to:-
Dining Room: (19' 6'' x 14' 4'') (5.94m x 4.37m)
a pair of tall multi-paned sash windows overlooking the rear garden with working shutters. Chimney breast with recesses to either side (there was formerly a fireplace situated here), engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, two radiators and ceiling light point.
tall moulded skirtings, radiator and ceiling light point. Turning staircase continuing to the second floor with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (20' 4'' x 12' 6'') (6.19m x 3.81m)
two arched multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation looking down Hampton Park, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, two ceiling light points, door opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room:
arched multi-paned window to the front elevation, shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, wall light point.
BEDROOM 2: (19' 11'' x 14' 1'') (6.07m x 4.29m)
two multi-paned sash windows to the rear elevation, period fireplace with cast iron surround and ornately carved marble mantelpiece, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, two ceiling light points. Door opening to:-
concealed Worcester Bosch gas fired boiler, pedestal wash hand basin, storage shelving, wall light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 7'' x 6' 0'') (2.92m x 1.83m)
panelled bath with twin handgrips and mixer tap. Shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Low level wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled effect flooring, partially tiled walls, obscure multi-paned window to the side elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
obscure multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, low level wc, partially tiled walls, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation with far reaching rooftop views, moulded skirtings, radiator, two ceiling light points. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (19' 8'' x 11' 11'') (5.99m x 3.63m)
two arched multi-paned sash windows with views along Hampton Park and surrounds including the Wills Memorial, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 4: (14' 6'' x 11' 7'') (4.42m x 3.53m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, period fireplace with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (14' 6'' x 7' 10'') (4.42m x 2.39m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, radiator, ceiling light point. Loft access.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Accessed externally to the side of the building with open-fronted porch and wooden door opening to:-
radiator, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points. Doors opening to:-
BEDROOM: (11' 3'' x 10' 8'') (3.43m x 3.25m)
two windows to the rear elevation, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM (14' 6'' x 14' 3'') (4.42m x 4.34m)
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden with window seat, shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, radiator, ceiling light point.
RECEPTION ROOM: (19' 3'' x 13' 4'') (5.86m x 4.06m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, mantelpiece, two wall light points, radiator, coved ceiling,.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 6'' x 7' 0'') (2.28m x 2.13m)
panelled bath with twin handgrips and mixer tap, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan. Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder and slatted shelving.
UTILITY ROOM: (12' 8'' x 5' 3'') (3.86m x 1.60m)
base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over, marble effect worktop surfaces, splashback tiling, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer, window to the side elevation, radiator, illuminate strip light.
tarmacadam driveway with space for two cars. Access to:-
SINGLE DETACHED GARAGE: (18' 2'' x 8' 10'') (5.53m x 2.69m)
metal up and over door, window to the side elevation.
laid to lawn with deep shrub borders that feature an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: (50' 0'' x 35' 0'') (15.23m x 10.66m)
central level section of lawn with shaped pathway around plus deep shrub borders and enclosed on two sides by stone walling. Outside water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £10. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.