0117 946 6690
- Victorian period semi-detached family house
- 5 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Front garden (29ft x 24ft) and rear garden (45ft x 25ft)
- Lots of character and period detail
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Offered with no onward chain
- 400m to Redland Green School
- Set in a very pleasant side road
A substantial 5 double bedroom, 3 reception Victorian period semi-detached family house in a central Redland location and within 400m of Redland Green School.
The property has been a treasured family home for many years and is perfectly habitable but now rather dated in condition and requires overall updating and improvement in the fullness of time.
Lots of character and period detail, large principal rooms and the opportunity to extend or 'knock through' to create a large, level kitchen family space.
Set in a very pleasant side road away from passing traffic and close to outstanding local schools of Colston's Primary and Redland Green Secondary.
Local shops, cafes and restaurants and essential services available on Gloucester Road/Whiteladies Road/Chandos Road.
Ground Floor: porch, entrance hall, drawing room, dining room, study/family room, kitchen, utility, bathroom/wc.
First Floor: half landing with door off to bathroom/wc, main landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, utility.
Second Floor: bedroom 4, bedroom 5.
Outside: front garden (29ft x 24ft), rear garden (45ft x 25ft)
Offered with no onward chain which makes for a more straightforward sale.
via pathway to the right hand side of the building and what looks to be the original door with brass door furniture and stained glass leaded overlights, opening into:-
PORCH: (7' 0'' x 4' 11'') (2.13m x 1.50m)
partially stained glass door to the rear elevation and panel above, period partially tiled walls, tessellated tiled flooring, large glazed skylight, handsome panelled and stained glass inner door opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALL: (23' 9'' x 7' 0'') (7.23m x 2.13m)
a large central hallway with doors radiating to the drawing room, study/family room, dining room and kitchen. Ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, substantial staircase with balustrade and handrail rising to the first floor, deep skirting boards and architrave.
DRAWING ROOM: (front) (20' 2'' max into bay x 13' 10'') (6.14m x 4.21m)
a very grand room with high ceilings, large bay to the front elevation comprising three large sash windows, ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail, deep skirting boards, impressive ceiling rose, large and imposing marble fireplace with inset coal effect gas fire and tiled hearth, large radiator.
DINING ROOM: (rear) (21' 10'' max into bay x 13' 0'') (6.65m x 3.96m)
another very impressive ornate room with high ceilings, unusual to find a bay window to the rear as well with three large sash windows overlooking the rear garden, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling cornice, deep skirting boards and picture rail, substantial red marble fireplace with original tiled lapels and hearth, two double radiators.
STUDY/FAMILY ROOM: (15' 0'' x 9' 7'') (4.57m x 2.92m)
large sash window to the front elevation, ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, picture rail, radiator, large wooden fireplace and mantel, tiled surround and hearth.
KITCHEN: (15' 11'' x 10' 6'') (4.85m x 3.20m)
range of modern units with butcher block style wooden working surface, stainless steel sink unit and draining board, stripped and sealed wooden flooring, recessed fireplace and space for large range cooker and part tiled floor, radiator, doorway through to:-
UTILITY: (7' 0'' x 6' 5'') (2.13m x 1.95m)
two large glazed doors to the side elevation opening out onto the rear garden, working surface with space and plumbing for washing machine underneath, wall mounted gas boiler which services the ground floor heating and hot water, tiled flooring, doorway opens into:-
BATHROOM/WC: (12' 10'' x 6' 6'') (3.91m x 1.98m)
a large spacious bathroom with high vaulted ceiling, two Velux double glazed skylights, recessed spotlights, linked entertainment system, white suite comprising low level wc, panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled surround, tiled corner shower cubicle with mains fed shower, continuation of tiled flooring.
with door off to:-
BATHROOM/WC (15' 10'' x 10' 8'') (4.82m x 3.25m)
measured as one room and into rear of fitted storage cupboard. WC: with low level wc and obscured sash window to the rear elevation. Bathroom: obscured casement window to rear elevation, cast iron bath with panelled surround, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, partially tiled walls, fitted storage with what looks to be some original tiling.
doors to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 and utility, staircase continues rising to bedrooms 4 & 5.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (20' 2'' into bay x 13' 11'') (6.14m x 4.24m)
large room with bay window to the front elevation comprising three large sash windows, ceiling cornicing, wooden fireplace with gas fire, 'jack & jill' door through to bedroom 3, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (21' 11'' into bay x 13' 0'') (6.68m x 3.96m)
large bay window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, ceiling cornicing, radiator, fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (15' 1'' x 9' 7'' into chimney recess) (4.59m x 2.92m)
large sash window to the front elevation, gas fire, ceiling cornicing, radiator, 'jack & jill' door through to the master bedroom.
UTILITY: (8' 11'' x 7' 0'') (2.72m x 2.13m)
obscure window to the side elevation, range of working surfaces and cabinets, stainless steel sink unit with draining board beside, partially tiled walls, wall mounted boiler which services the first and top floor heating and hot water.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (15' 11'' x 10' 10'' into chimney recess) (4.85m x 3.30m)
casement window to the rear elevation, radiator, wall mounted sink, fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 17' 0'' into chimney recess x 9' 7'') (5.18m x 2.92m)
(max measurement is taken into rear of fitted wardrobes) double glazed window to the front elevation with some quite lovely far reaching views, radiator, fitted storage, door opening into Loft Storage Space with skylight.
STORAGE: (20' 0'' x 13' 0'') (6.09m x 3.96m)
(head height of circa 5'8/1.73m) old coal hole and useful space.
FRONT GARDEN: (29' 0'' x 24' 0'') (8.83m x 7.31m)
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 45' 0'' x 25' 0'') (13.71m x 7.61m)
north westerly facing but with an open 'westerly facing side aspect' which will incur evening sunshine in the summer months, mainly laid to lawn with brick and stone borders, very nicely enclosed to the rear with an open aspect, side access.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
at the time of writing the property is unregistered. It is understood that there is a rent charge of £7.50 per annum. We have written to the solicitor and asked them to confirm the tenure.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.