0117 946 6690
- A handsome and exceptionally spacious (3,500 sq. ft) Victorian semi-detached family house
- 5/7 double bedrooms, 3/5 reception rooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- Stunning 25ft x 14ft kitchen/dining room opening onto a south facing balcony
- South facing rear garden (approx. 41ft x 35ft)
- Off street parking for at least 2 cars
A handsome and exceptionally spacious Victorian semi-detached family house of 3,500 sq. ft. with an attractive Bath stone facade, south facing garden and ample off street parking.
Large accommodation comprising 5/7 double bedrooms, 3/5 reception rooms plus a stunning kitchen/dining room (25ft x 14ft) with bi-fold doors opening onto a south facing balcony.
A light, airy and elegant period feel with lots of character - ornate ceiling cornicing - high ceilings - large sash windows combine to create bright and spacious rooms.
Set in a highly favoured location within 1km of Durdham Downs, Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road and offering a diverse range of shopping, bars and restaurants all a short walk away - closer to home there is local shopping and a number of well regarded bars and restaurants (and even a micro brewery) on Chandos Road. Nearby are city parks of Redland Green and Cotham Park Gardens, Redland train station linking Temple Meads/London Paddington.
A choice of local schooling - Secondary Schools - Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School - Primary Schools of St John's and Colston's Primary - all within a short distance.
At the time of writing the sellers have found a suitable onward purchase and thus would therefore welcome early interest.
steps lead up to the entrance door, porch and hall.
ENTRANCE PORCH: (8' 3'' x 5' 1'') (2.51m x 1.55m)
lovely original hardwood front door with overlight, opens into an attractive entrance hallway with an arched sash window to the side elevation, ceiling cornicing, period arch, partially glazed period door opening into the entrance hallway. Wall and base units incorporating working surface, excellent storage and houses the boiler. Fuse box for electrics.
ENTRANCE HALL: (21' 6'' to front of understairs storage x 7' 11'') (6.55m x 2.41m)
handsome and spacious entrance hall with stairs leading up to the first floor, doors open to the kitchen/dining/family room, drawing room and study and to the downstairs wc via understairs storage area, engineered oak wooden floor, radiator, ceiling cornicing, picture rail.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (25' 6'' into chimney recess x 14' 9'') (7.77m x 4.49m)
a stunning family space, lovely large bi-folding doors leading out onto raised balcony with a southerly aspect encased in period architrave and panelling, further sash window to the rear elevation:
ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail, attractive arched chimney recess to either side of the chimney breast, period fireplace with tiled hearth, wooden surround and mantle and a continuation of the engineered oak flooring. Radiator.
large spacious kitchen with plenty of wall mounted and base units incorporating a butcher block style working surface and large peninsular style island which forms a breakfast bar and incorporates a 5 ring gas hob and extractor hood above, additional spotlighting, glass mosaic tiled splashbacks, large double ceramic sink unit and mixer tap, integrated double oven, separate microwave, space for tall American style fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher. Laundry chute.
BALCONY: (11' 2'' x 8' 5'') (3.40m x 2.56m)
southerly aspect - steps lead down into the main garden.
DRAWING ROOM: (18' 10'' into bay x 13' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.74m x 4.11m)
a gracious drawing room with an impressive bay to the front elevation comprising 3 large sash windows, architrave and panelling to either side, detailed and ornate ceiling cornice and ceiling rose, picture rail, handsome fireplace with slate hearth, coal effect gas fire.
STUDY: (14' 10'' max/10'3 min x 10' 6'') (4.52m/3.12m x 3.20m)
spacious study with a large sash window to the front elevation including secondary glazing, ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, radiator. Small fitted storage cupboard housing electric meter.
a continuation of the engineered oak floor, door opens into the downstairs wc and steps down into the apartment if re-integration is desired.
WC: (6' 9'' x 3' 3'') (2.06m x 0.99m)
white suite comprising low level wc, vanity unit with contemporary wash hand basin and mixer tap, extractor fan, recessed spotlights.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
stairs descend from the hall floor to the lower ground floor, doors lead off to the family/garden room, bedroom 6/reception 4, bedroom 7/reception 5, utility and in turn an independent access to the ground floor.
FAMILY/GARDEN ROOM: (25' 3'' x 14' 6'') (7.69m x 4.42m)
large bi-fold sliding doors to the rear elevation open out onto the south facing rear garden, multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, recessed spotlights, wooden flooring.
RECEPTION 4/BEDROOM 6: (19' 0'' into bay x 13' 5'' into chimney recess) (5.79m x 4.09m)
generous room with bay window to front elevation comprising 3 sash windows, radiator.
RECEPTION 5/BEDROOM 7: (13' 11'' x 11' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.24m x 3.43m)
large sash window to front elevation, radiator, cupboards containing electric meters, radiator.
door to wc, space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Door to side elevation providing independent access to this floor.
LANDING: (overall inclusive of stairwell 15' 7'' x 7' 10'') (4.75m x 2.39m)
stairs lead up to the top floor, doors lead off to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 and family bathroom/wc, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (22' 4'' to front of fitted wardrobes x 11' 2'') (6.80m x 3.40m)
a superb master bedroom with 2 large sash windows to the rear elevation with a southerly aspect, range of fitted storage and wardrobe space.
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (11' 7'' x 4' 5'' max/3'1 min in shower area) (3.53m x 1.35m/0.94m)
modern and contemporary en suite with wet room style shower area, fully tiled, mains fed shower, wall mounted wash hand basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan, recessed spotlights, 2 radiators. Entrance to the laundry chute.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 9'' x 13' 7'' to rear of fitted wardrobes) (4.49m x 4.14m)
3 sash windows to the front elevation incorporating secondary glazing, radiator and large fitted wardrobe with hanging rail and storage space.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 11'' x 11' 3'') (4.24m x 3.43m)
a spacious double bedroom with large sash window to the front elevation incorporating secondary glazing, ornate ceiling cornicing, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (11' 6'' x 9' 7'') (3.50m x 2.92m)
charming period style bathroom with a large central bath, Victorian style mixer tap and hand held shower fitment, low level wc, bidet, large shower cubicle, large sash window and casement window to the side elevation, heated towel rail, laundry cupboard with space for tumble dryer, ceramic sink and mixer tap, recessed spotlights, partially tiled walls.
LANDING (13' 0'' x 7' 9'') (3.96m x 2.36m)
doors lead off to bedrooms 4 and 5 and additional shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (14' 11'' into window x 14' 9'') (4.54m x 4.49m)
spacious room with large double glazed window to the rear elevation with some lovely vistas across Redland, radiator, access to the roof space.
BEDROOM 5: (front) (14' 6'' max x 14' 1'' to window) (4.42m x 4.29m)
spacious double bedroom with large double glazed windows to the front elevation, radiator and access to roof space.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 0'' to front of shower & back of wc x 4' 6'' max) (2.74m x 1.37m)
very handy shower on the top floor with a tiled shower cubicle and electric shower, wall mounted wash hand basin and low level wc, extractor fan and door opening through to the eaves storage area.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 38' 0'' x 37' 0'') (11.57m x 11.27m)
provides off street parking for at least 2 cars and a flower and hedgerow border.
REAR GARDEN: (overall from back of house approx. 41' 0'' x 35' 0'' width) (12.49m x 10.66m)
steps lead down into perfect sun trap with a timber deck area perfect for barbeques, ample space for table and chairs, 3 steps lead down into a generous lawn area and beds containing a variety of trees, plants, flowering shrubs enclosed with high stone walls.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £7. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.