0117 946 6690
- A spacious and immaculately presented Edwardian family home
- 5 bedrooms (1 with en-suite), 2 reception rooms
- Extensive family living space of exceptional quality
- Lovely south-west facing rear garden with home office/studio
A spacious and immaculately presented 5 bedroom (1 with en-suite), 2 reception room Edwardian family home situated on a popular and peaceful tree-lined road in the heart of Westbury Park, having a lovely south-west facing rear garden with home office/studio. Situated within just 200 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and within 750 metres of Redland Green Secondary School.
Extensive family living space of exceptional quality over three floors with period features and a wonderful family atmosphere and character.
Highly prized family neighbourhood, so convenient and easy for good nearby schools, local shops in Coldharbour Road, North View and Henleaze Road, together with Waitrose and the Orpheus Cinema, library, the glorious Downs and Whiteladies Road. Westbury Park Primary School is just a few hundred yards away and only a little further afield across the open spaces of Redland Green lies Redland Green Secondary School.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted dining room through to kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, utility hall, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: split level landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room, two additional double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, two further bedrooms (5 in total).
Outside: small front garden, charming sunny rear garden (43ft x 18ft), home office/studio, pedestrian gate onto rear lane.
Our clients have already secured an onward purchase with a complete chain in place therefore a prompt exchange of contracts and completion on offer.
A magnificent example of its type, this well-located period home ticks all the boxes.
from the pavement, a dwarf brick wall with hedge and part with wrought iron railings and pedestrian gate opening onto a pathway which leads to the front entrance door. Solid wood panelled door with brass door furniture and stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and ornate moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point. Part stained glass door with overlight and moulded architraves, opening to:-
some 26ft/7.92m in length, having tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and ornate moulded cornicing. Elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Recess with fitted computer workstation with cupboards, drawers and shelving. Understairs storage cupboard, wood effect flooring, two concealed radiators, three ceiling light points. Four-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
DINING ROOM: (15' 0'' x 13' 0'' max into bay window) (4.57m x 3.96m)
having a virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising four sash windows. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, granite hearth and ornately carved Carrera marble fireplace (gas fire). Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted cupboard, shelving and drawer), tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, concealed radiator. Wide wall opening with folding panelled doors opening to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (17' 5'' x 11' 7'') (5.30m x 3.53m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of handmade panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets, shelving, wine rack and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged granite worktop surfaces including central island unit, undermount 1 1/2 bowl sink with mixer tap and indented draining board (also having an Insinkerator waste disposal unit), Karndean flooring, tall moulded skirtings, two radiators, inset ceiling downlights. The central island unit incorporates a breakfast bar. Integral appliances including eye level electric double oven, 4 ring electric hob, 2 ring gas hob, extractor hood and dishwasher. Space for American style fridge/freezer with water feed. Ceiling light point. Large Velux electronically operated and rain sensored skylight. Multi-paned wooden door with moulded architraves and large overlight, opening to:-
UTILITY HALL: (14' 2'' x 5' 0'') (4.31m x 1.52m)
a second large Velux electronically operated and rain sensored skylight. Solid wooden worktop surfaces, undermount Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap, base and eye level units, tiled flooring, ceiling light point, inset ceiling downlight. Space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired condensing boiler. Upvc double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
low level dual flush wc. Contemporary wash hand basin with mixer tap, splashback tiling and double opening cupboard. Obscure upvc double glazed window to the rear elevation with tiled sill, heated towel rail/radiator, complimentary shelf, inset ceiling downlight, tiled flooring.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 8'' x 11' 5'') (5.08m x 3.48m)
enjoying a sunny south westerly aspect with bay window to the rear elevation that features multi-paned double doors, two sash windows and an overlight overlooking and opening externally onto the rear garden. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, decorative tiled slips, granite hearth and ornately carved Carrera marble fireplace. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, concealed radiator, wood effect flooring.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, three ceiling light points, elegant turning staircase ascending to the second floor and enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux skylight window to the rear elevation, radiator, Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 1'' x 15' 0'' decreasing to 12'6) (4.59m x 4.57m/3.81m)
having a virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising four sash windows and with a pleasant outlook along this tree-lined road. Chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, radiator, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room: (8' 2'' x 5' 5'') (2.49m x 1.65m)
corner shower with sliding glass doors and side panels, low level shower tray, built-in shower unit, handheld shower attachment and fully tiled surround. Low level wc. Large wash hand basin with mixer tap and cupboards and drawers below. Tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, tiled walls with mosaic effect strip, simple moulded cornicing, heated towel rail/radiator, two ceiling light points, extractor fan, shaver point, sash window to the front elevation.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 2'' x 11' 10'') (4.01m x 3.60m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, a wealth of fitted bedroom furniture with wardrobes and drawers offering ample hanging, shelving and storage space, moulded skirtings, chimney breast with recesses to either side, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 7'' x 10' 2'') (3.53m x 3.10m)
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden, fitted bedroom furniture, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, fitted shelving, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 0'' x 7' 11'') (2.44m x 2.41m)
spa bath with built-in shower unit above and handheld shower attachment. Wash stand with wash hand basin, mixer tap and double opening cupboard below. Low level wc with concealed cistern. Two obscure upvc double glazed windows to the side elevation, timber panelled walls to dado height with complimentary shelf, heated towel rail/radiator, moulded skirtings, shaver point, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via the aforementioned Velux skylight to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: (18' 4'' x 10' 10'') (5.58m x 3.30m)
double glazed triple aspect dormer style window to the front elevation, fitted wardrobes, ornate cast iron fireplace, radiator, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point, recessed shelving.
BEDROOM 5: (12' 1'' x 9' 2'') (3.68m x 2.79m)
Velux skylight window to the rear elevation and enjoying a south-westerly aspect. Built-in computer workstation with cupboards, drawers and shelving. Eaves storage cupboard, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Loft access with pull down ladder (the loft is boarded).
designed for ease of maintenance with slate chippings, hedge border along the front elevation, pathway to the front door.
REAR GARDEN: (43' 0'' x 18' 0'') (13.10m x 5.48m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly aspect and designed for ease of maintenance. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a Mongolian slate flagged patio with ample space for garden furniture. A shallow flight of steps then ascends to a second tier which has a feature circular patio with flint chipping surround and railway sleeper border to one side that features an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Brick pavior pathway then leads to a pedestrian gate which opens onto the rear lane. Generous space for garden sheds. Wall mounted electric heater over the initial patio. To one corner of the garden there is a cedar and glass studio with remote controlled external downlights. Outside feature lighting and two power points.
HOME OFFICE/STUDIO: (7' 10'' x 7' 9'') (2.39m x 2.36m)
floor to ceiling double glazed windows on two sides with a pleasant outlook looking back towards the house, wooden flooring, inset ceiling downlights, three double power sockets.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £6. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.