0117 946 6690
- A stylish hall floor apartment (circa 1,280 sq.ft)
- 3 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- The apartment has a wealth of period features
- Off-street parking and communal garden
Of generous proportions, a 3 double bedroom hall floor apartment, of circa 1251 sq. ft., set within a substantial semi-detached Victorian period building on this much sought after and convenient road, with high ceilings, period features and scope for further improvement. Further benefitting from off-street parking and communal garden.
Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just under 0.5 miles away. The apartment is ideally situated between Clifton Village and the many amenities of Whiteladies Road.
There is a contemporary bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with bespoke polished concrete worktops, pippy oak cabinets and Fisher & Paykel range cooker. Wall opening with double opening pocket doors through to a spacious bay fronted drawing room with oak parquet flooring and period fireplace. The nature of these two rooms allows for separation or for open plan living depending upon day to day requirements.
The apartment has a wealth of period features including two fireplaces, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling roses and original sash windows with slim glaze double glazing.
Accommodation: reception hall, kitchen/breakfast room, drawing room, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room, two further double bedrooms (one with raised floor area), family bathroom, useful storage cupboard.
Outside: allocated off-street parking for one vehicle, fully enclosed communal garden - 40ft x 23ft (currently in the process of being professionally landscaped).
Full soundproof flooring system with a mixture of Moroccan encaustic cement tiles, oak parquet flooring and carpets.
A very spacious apartment which has recently gone thorough extensive refurbishment exhibiting many charming period features and plenty of light via tall sash windows and having the immense benefit of off-street parking plus communal garden.
from the pavement, impressive gate pillars with high hedge border to side give access to the off-street parking area and pathway which leads alongside the property to the front door. The pathway continues with steps down and eventually leads to the communal garden. Solid wood panelled front door with arched fanlight and external wall mounted lantern light, opening to:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE HALL:
Please note that this is currently undergoing refurbishment in collaboration with the other apartment owners at 20 Apsley Road. It will be finished to a high standard by Spring 2018. There will be exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, wall light point, ceiling light point. Staircase ascending to the upper levels. Solid four-panelled door with fanlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (27' 7'' x 6' 10'') (8.40m x 2.08m)
attractive Moroccan encaustic tiled floor, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, five flush mount wall lights, telecom entry control system, radiator. Two useful understairs storage cupboards. Open walkway to a cloakroom cupboard with further door to large storage cupboard. Six-panelled doors with panelled reveals, deep moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (14' 5'' x 14' 0'') (4.39m x 4.26m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of oak base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Solid polished concrete worktop surfaces with matching upstands and double undermount Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap. Inset Fischer & Paykel Rangemaster cooker with stainless steel splashback and matching extractor hood. Integral dishwasher and washing machine, space for American style fridge/freezer. Morrocan encaustic tiling, peninsular breakfast bar, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, vertical designer radiator in matching concrete finish, ornate ceiling rose, tall sash window to the front elevation. Raised height wall mounted Baxi gas fired combination boiler. Double opening panelled pocket doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 1'' x 16' 11'') (5.20m x 5.15m)
a spacious principal reception room with wide and virtually full height bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows with working shutters. Period fireplace with ornately carved mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, two vertical radiators with colour match finish, two wall light points, majority ornate coving, ornate ceiling rose with light point, raised height storage area. Oak parquet flooring.
BEDROOM 1: (15' 0'' x 12' 5'') (4.57m x 3.78m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation plus a further two obscure glazed windows to the side elevation, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, downlighters, radiator with colour match finish. Double opening Walk-In Wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space plus light point. Six-panelled door opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room:
walk-in shower with low level shower tray, glass screen, encaustic tiled surround, built-in shower with overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash stand with contemporary wash hand basin and mixer tap. Tiled flooring, towel warmer, part original exposed stone wall, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 0'' x 10' 0'') (4.57m x 3.05m)
tall sash window to the rear elevation, central period fireplace with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, vertical radiator in concrete finish.
BEDROOM 3: (15' 0'' x 9' 0'') (4.57m x 2.74m)
tall sash window to the rear elevation, tall moulded skirtings, designer radiator in bamboo finish, two wall light points, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, downlighters. Steps up to mezzanine level with bed.
tile panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted shower with handheld shower attachment and overhead circular shower. His and hers wall mounted double basin with twin mixer taps over. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Tiled flooring, towel warmer, wall light point, LED lighting, extractor fan.
to the front of the building there is unallocated parking for one car.
COMMUNAL GARDEN: (40' 0'' x 23' 0'') (12.18m x 7.01m)
in the process of being landscaped with sitting out area and well stocked borders.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1978. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £75. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.