0117 946 6690
- A handsome and welcoming semi-detached family home
- 5 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms
- Front garden, 45ft x 29ft sunny south west facing rear garden
- Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible
A handsome and welcoming 5 bedroom, 4 reception semi-detached late Victorian period style family house with south west facing 45ft rear garden located on a sought after road within the Redland Green School AFP.
Coveted location in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the excellent independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road within 0.25 miles. Also within 600 metres of Redland Green School and Bishop Road Primary School, handy for the Downs, St Andrews park nearby and within easy access to the city, local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens. Redland local train station is also nearby.
Ground Floor: vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, study/snug, family room, breakfast room, kitchen and cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 (located on the mezzanine half landing, bedroom 5 (located on the upper mezzanine landing) and family bathroom/wc.
Outside: front garden, 45ft x 29ft sunny south west facing rear garden and undercroft cellar.
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
An exciting opportunity for the next owner to put their own stamp on this property and to appoint to their own requirements.
from the pavement follow the pathway up to the solid wooden front door which opens into:
VESTIBULE: (6' 0'' x 5' 0'') (1.83m x 1.52m)
period tessellated floor with door that leads through to the rear garden and part glazed wooden door set in glazed surround opens into:
RECEPTION HALL: (19' 5'' x 6' 4'' including staircase) (5.91m x 1.93m)
doors radiate to the sitting room and study/snug to the family room and also to the breakfast and butler's pantry and staircase rises to the first floor landing. Cupboard housing fuse box and electricity meter and separate understairs storage cupboard, radiator, ceiling corning and two ceiling roses. Butler's Pantry: (6'2 x 2'1) (1.88m x 0.64m) storage area with some shelving and part glazed front. Separate understairs storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (16' 3'' into bay x 13' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.95m x 4.06m)
ceiling cornice and ceiling rose and picture rail, 4 sash bay window to front elevation, period fireplace with marble surround and iron insert with tiled reveals and marble hearth and radiator.
STUDY/SNUG: (front) (12' 10'' into shallow bay x 8' 8'' into chimney recess) (3.91m x 2.64m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, 2 sash windows to front elevation set in shallow bay, built in shelving and storage cupboards in chimney recesses and radiator.
FAMILY ROOM: (rear) (16' 8'' into box bay x 14' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.08m x 4.42m)
ceiling cornice and mouldings and centre rose, picture rail, upvc double glazed windows to rear elevation set in box bay, radiator and period fireplace surround with French Godin gas stove with hot plate.
BREAKFAST ROOM: (rear) (12' 10'' x 7' 0'' min to front of chimney breast) (3.91m x 2.13m)
useful storage cupboard and shelving to chimney recess and also space for fridge/freezer and further low level cupboards. Upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator. Opening through to:
KITCHEN: (rear) (14' 4'' x 6' 8'') (4.37m x 2.03m)
good range of base and wall mounted units with roll edged work surfaces and tiled splashbacks, 11/2 bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, space for cooker, extractor hood, plumbing for dishwasher and space for dryer. Radiator, ceiling downlighters. Upvc double glazed window to side elevation and further upvc double glazed door leads onto the rear garden and internal door leads to:
CLOAKROOM/WC: (6' 8'' x 3' 0'') (2.03m x 0.91m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator.
staircase rises from the reception hall to first floor landing from which doors radiate to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 and to family bathroom/wc. Radiator. Located at lower mezzanine landing is bedroom 4 and upper mezzanine landing is bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 3'' into bay x 13' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.95m x 4.06m)
ceiling coving, 4 sash bay window to front elevation, period fireplace with surround and cast iron insert with pretty tiled reveals, radiator, door leads through to bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 7'' into chimney recess x 12' 10'') (4.44m x 3.91m)
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, radiator, Airing Cupboard housing Worcester gas boiler with linen shelving.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (13' 0'' into shallow bay x 8' 8'' into chimney recess) (3.96m x 2.64m)
2 sash windows to front elevation in shallow bay, pretty period fireplace with decorative surround and tiled reveals, built in period cupboard with rail and shelving and further bookcase to chimney recess, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (13' 0'' x 8' 4'' into chimney recess) (3.96m x 2.54m)
(located at lower mezzanine half landing) upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (13' 0'' x 8' 5'' into chimney recess) (3.96m x 2.56m)
(located at upper mezzanine landing) upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, decorative period fireplace, radiator, high level opening to extensive loft void (a number of the loft voids in the road have been developed to provide further accommodation, subject to obtaining all necessary consents).
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (12' 5'' x 6' 2'') (3.78m x 1.88m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, shower cubicle with mains fed shower in tiled surround with glazed sliding screen, bath with hand held shower attachment over, extensive wall tiling, sash window to front elevation and upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (28' 0'' x 16' 0'') (8.53m x 4.87m)
period tiled path with Victorian edging. Lawned garden with flower and shrub beds and front and side brick boundary walls.
REAR GARDEN: (circa 45' 0'' x 29' 0'' including rear kitchen extension) (13.71m x 8.83m)
south west facing garden mainly laid to lawn with flower and shrub beds and brick and stone boundary walls, patio area closest to the house ideal for sitting out and enjoying the sunshine. Reduced height door leads to:
UNDERCROFT CELLAR AREA:
the main area of which measures circa (16ft x 14ft with a ceiling height of circa 5'2) (4.88m x 4.27m/1.57m) useful storage space which continues under a good part of the ground floor of the building.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.