0117 946 6690
- 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- Plus 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom self-contained flat
- Impressive and generously proportioned
- Off street parking and pretty gardens
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,300,000
An impressive, generously proportioned and versatile Victorian semi-detached family house with off street parking space, pretty gardens and a potential 2 double bedroom self-contained lower ground floor flat.
Elegant and characterful 4 bedroom, 3 reception family accommodation on two floors plus a lower ground floor currently presented as a 2 bedroom self contained flat but easily re-integrated to provide additional 4 family rooms or as space to work from home or for independent teenagers/dependent relatives etc.
Enjoys a lovely atmosphere with spacious and handsome rooms, with high ceilings and fine period features including many original fireplaces.
Highly prized location in a sought after area near the Downs; easy and convenient access to Whiteladies Road and the city centre or for commuting out of town via Westbury-on-Trym and M5 motorway junction 17.
Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, drawing room, sitting room/snug, family kitchen/breakfast/dining room, utility room, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: 4 bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room/wc), family bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, hallway, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, 2 double bedrooms, en-suite shower room/wc, further shower room/wc.
Outside: off street parking space, front garden, rear garden (40ft x 34ft).
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
An exceptional and adaptable residence with a great deal to offer.
RAISED HALL FLOOR
turn in from Rockleaze Avenue across a tarmacadam apron with lawned side verges, through stone pillars into paved driveway within the front garden area, and steps up to the main front entrance door with outside light point.
sash window with pretty stained glass, further door with beautiful stained glass leaded lights opening into:-
RECEPTION HALL: overall dimensions inclusive of staircase 24' 3'' x 8' 1'' (7.39m x 2.46m)
ornate ceiling cornice, three quarter height dado rail, door with stained glass side panels opening onto a staircase under the stairs leading down to the lower ground floor and used as a cloaks/storage cupboard, radiator, wide staircase with polished handrail and balustrade rises to the first floor. Doors radiate to:
DRAWING ROOM: (front) 18' 3'' max into bay x 14' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.56m x 4.26m)
impressive ornate ceiling cornice and massive centre rose, fine period fireplace with marble surround and iron insert and fire basket with living coal effect gas fire, box bay with sash windows and working shutters, dado rail with panelling features below, radiator.
SITTING ROOM/SNUG: (front) 15' 4'' x 13' 4'' into chimney recess (4.67m x 4.06m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, sash window with working shutters, radiator, cupboard with shelving and housing Worcester gas boiler.
FAMILY KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/DINING ROOM:
(rear) wonderful light open plan accommodation at the rear of the property with a 27ft/8.23m through measurement described and measured separately as follows:
Kitchen: 19' 8'' min excluding bay x 12' 5'' (5.99m x 3.78m)
newly fitted kitchen with a good range of low level and wall mounted units with Brazilian Bianco Romano granite work surfaces and upstand, and 11/2 bowl ceramic sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, integrated Bosch dishwasher, and Lamona microwave and space for range style cooker with filter hood, built in tall separate fridge and freezer units, large island unit with breakfast bar, ceiling cornice, picture rail, door leads out onto rear balcony and spiral steps down to the rear garden. Radiator. Wooden flooring continues throughout the kitchen into the breakfast/dining room which is accessed via wide opening.
Breakfast/Dining Room: 14' 0'' max into shallow bay x 13' 10'' to chimney breast (4.26m x 4.21m)
period fireplace with wooden surround and cast iron inset and tiled reveals with gas coal effect fire, partial ornate ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, 2 sash windows set in shallow bay with working shutters, radiator.
UTILITY: 7' 9'' x 6' 0'' (2.36m x 1.83m)
wooden floor, black granite work surface with upstand and 11/2 bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, space for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, floor and wall mounted units, door leads through to:
low level wc, wash hand bowl with contemporary mixer tap set on granite work surface with storage beneath, window to side elevation, wooden floor, heated towel rail and Airing Cupboard with linen shelving and small radiator.
LANDING & STAIRWELL overall dimensions inclusive of stairwell 17' 5'' x 8' 1'' (5.30m x 2.46m)
the wide staircase rises from the reception hall via a half landing with dado rail, ornate ceiling cornice, pretty octagonal skylight, and access hatch to roof space.
BEDROOM 1: 20' 2'' max into bay x 13' 10'' max to wall by fireplace (6.14m x 4.21m)
shallow bay with sash windows, two ceiling roses, picture rail, period fireplace with iron insert and fire basket, radiator, excellent pair of two deep built-in fitted wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 19' 8'' min excluding bay x 13' 1'' max into chimney recess (5.99m x 3.98m)
- all including internal partitioned storage room (study)). Shallow bay with sash window, period fireplace with iron insert and fire basket, picture rail, radiator, door to partitioned internal storage room with wash hand basin built into vanity unit with cupboard and tiled surrounds.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 18' 6'' x 13' 8'' including en suite shower room/wc (5.63m x 4.16m)
sash windows set in shallow bay, ceiling coving, picture rail, radiator, door to:-
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower unit with mains fed shower, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 15' 4'' x 13' 5'' max into chimney recess (4.67m x 4.09m)
shallow bay with sash window, period fireplace with iron insert and fire basket, built-in wardrobe/cupboard/shelf unit, radiator.
SPACIOUS FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 10' 1'' x 8' 0'' (3.07m x 2.44m)
white suite comprising bath with stone tiled surround, low level wc, wash hand basin, large shower cubicle with mains fed shower and tiled walls, two casement windows, heated towel rail.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
(previously used as a self-contained floor for a relative but easily fully integrated into the main accommodation to provide space for independent relative/teenager, working from home or for 3/4 further bedrooms)
externally via pathway alongside the house to the entrance door at the side into a vestibule, internally via door under staircase in the reception hall with steps down.
terracotta tiled floor, sash window, further part glazed door into:-
SPACIOUS HALL: 18' 3'' x 8' 0'' (5.56m x 2.44m)
storeroom with interior electric light. Doors radiate to:-
SITTING ROOM: 18' 11'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (5.76m x 3.81m)
fireplace with living coal effect gas fire, double glazed door opens onto rear garden, coving, radiator.
FAMILY KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (front) 14' 8'' x 12' 1'' (4.47m x 3.68m)
coving, sash window, comprehensive range of kitchen units and cupboards incorporating stainless steel single drainer sink unit, electric ceramic hob unit with filter hood above, built-in electric oven, space for fridge/freezer, tiling behind all worktops with lighting over, plumbing for washing machine, cupboards containing the Worcester gas boiler, radiator.
BEDROOM: (rear) 14' 3'' max into chimney recess x 13' 9'' (4.34m x 4.19m)
twin sash windows, picture rail, radiator.
En Suite Shower Room/wc/Wetroom: 7' 4'' x 4' 10'' (2.23m x 1.47m)
white suite, pedestal wash hand basin and low level wc, tiled floor and walls, electric shower unit, shaver point, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
BEDROOM: 14' 1'' x 12' 7'' max into bay inclusive of window boxes (4.29m x 3.83m)
twin sash windows set in a box bay with built-in window seat/storage boxes, ceiling coving, radiator, deep recess/potential walk-in wardrobe.
white suite in tiled surrounds, large shower tray with shower shield and electric shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
located within the front garden curtilage of the property, a hardstanding area laid to paviors with ample space for one vehicle.
Front: approx dimentions 40' 0'' wide x 15' 0'' deep (12.18m x 4.57m)
stone entrance pillars, hardstanding approach and parking area with pathway extended alongside the property to the rear garden and external entrance into the lower ground floor; front lawn with flower beds, a variety of shrubs, bushes, flowering plants etc., boundary walls with iron railings.
Rear: approx dimensions 40' 0'' wide x 34' 0'' deep (12.18m x 10.36m)
sitting out terrace immediately behind the house with circular staircase up to the balcony at raised hall floor level and door into the kitchen. Pretty lawned area with flower beds, various flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and trees including a line of conifers, garden store shed with electric power points, water tap adjacent to lower ground floor entrance door.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £13.65. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.