0117 946 6690
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en suite)
- 3 reception rooms plus a sociable kitchen breakfast room
- 50ft South facing rear garden
- Off street parking
- Many original features
- Valuable basement storage space
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,350,000
A substantial, welcoming and beautifully presented 5 double bedroom (1 with en suite), 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached home located within just 600 metres of Redland Green School (on the sunny side of a peaceful and well-regarded road). Further benefiting from an extended kitchen/dining room leading out onto a south facing 50ft x 30ft rear garden, off street parking PLUS valuable basement storage space offering further potential.
Ideal location for families, situated on a peaceful and neighbourly road within 1/2 mile of excellent schools including Colston's Primary and Redland Green Secondary. Handy for Gloucester Road with its many independent shops, restaurants and cafes, also nearby Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and bus connections to central areas.
Ground Floor: the entrance vestibule leads into a wonderful central entrance hallway, large bay fronted sitting room, a generous second reception room with a sociable connection through to a wonderful bright kitchen/dining space with adjoining utility room and glazed double doors accessing the south facing rear garden, third reception room, ideal for a home office, music room or child's playroom. Cloakroom/wc and access down into the lower ground floor.
First Floor: principal double bedroom with en suite shower room/wc and 2 further bedrooms and family bathroom/wc. There are 2 further double bedrooms accessed off the lower and upper mezzanine half landings as well as access to valuable loft storage space with potential for further conversion (subject to any necessary consents).
Lower Ground Floor: there is a large basement covering a large proportion of the ground floor footprint, providing valuable storage and potential for conversion into further accommodation, if required and subject to any necessary consents.
Outside: pretty front garden with driveway off street parking and a beautiful landscaped south facing 50ft x 30ft rear garden with handy gated side access.
A wonderful period home with a calm atmosphere, located in an enviable and leafy Redland location and retaining much of its period features and character, as well as offering ample accommodation, a sunny garden and much more.
via pathway leading beside landscaped front garden and driveway, up the right hand side of the property where there is handy gated access through to the rear garden and the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 7' 0'' x 4' 10'' (2.13m x 1.47m)
high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, original tessellated tiled flooring, coat hooks, dado rail, alarm control panel and beautiful part stained glass door with stained glass panels beside and over, leading through into the entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAYH: 15' 6'' x 6' 10'' max inclusive of staircase (4.72m x 2.08m)
staircase rising to first floor landing, high ceilings with original cornicing and ceiling rose, dado rail, period style radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, kitchen/breakfast room, reception 3 and cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: 19' 0'' max into bay x 13' 10'' (5.79m x 4.21m)
a wonderful bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings and original cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail, 3 large double glazed sash windows to front, a cast iron period style fireplace with inset tiles, gas coal effect fire, original marble surround and slate hearth, 2 designer upright radiators and a tv point.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (rear) 18' 8'' x 13' 1'' (5.69m x 3.98m)
high ceilings with original cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail, 2 large south facing sash windows to rear overlooking the rear garden, feature period style cast iron fireplace with impressive white marble surround and slate hearth, contemporary upright radiator, tv point and half flight of stairs creating a sociable connection between the family room and kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 26' 0'' x 10' 4'' max into chimney recess (7.92m x 3.15m)
a good sized sociable kitchen/breakfast room flooded with natural light provided by the 2 large Velux skylight windows and the part glazed double doors in the dining area. There is a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over, inset 11/2 bowl sink and drainer and further preparation sink, integrated Miele dishwasher, space for cooker with built in extractor hood over, further appliance space for fridge, inset spotlights, doors off to useful walk in recessed larder, utility room and further door accessing the steps leading down to the basement. The kitchen has ample space for dining room table and chairs and direct access out onto the southerly facing rear garden.
UTILITY ROOM: 6' 10'' x 5' 0'' (2.08m x 1.52m)
range of base and eye level cupboards with worktops over, inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit and tiled splashbacks, further plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and freezer.
RECEPTION 3: (front) 15' 4'' x 9' 6'' into chimney recess (4.67m x 2.89m)
large double glazed sash window to front, high ceilings with original ceiling coving and picture rail, attractive period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround and slate hearth, tv and telephone point.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 6' 1'' x 3' 5'' (1.85m x 1.04m)
low level wc with concealed cistern, corner pedestal wash basin, inset spotlights and pretty etched window providing borrowed light through from the kitchen/dining space.
There is a large basement running beneath the majority of the property with a max ceiling height of approx. 6ft/1.83m. As well as providing valuable storage the basement houses the gas boiler with high pressure hot water cylinder. The basement offers potential for further conversion into further accommodation, if one required, and subject to any necessary consents.
a spacious split level landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc, door of the lower mezzanine landing accesses bedroom 4 and further doors off upper mezzanine landing access bedroom 5 and walk in storage cupboard, which in turn has steps up into the generous loft storage space. The first floor landing has incredibly high ceilings with original coving and inset spotlights as well as a dado rail, alarm control panel and plenty of natural light provided by high level glazed panel providing borrowed light through from the Velux skylight window in the loft space.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 19' 3'' max into bay x 13' 11'' (5.86m x 4.24m)
a wonderful bright principal bedroom with high ceilings, original cornicing and picture rail. There is a wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash windows, pretty fireplace with inset tiles and white marble surround, contemporary upright tubular radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 8' 9'' max into shower recess x 5' 0'' max (2.66m x 1.52m)
a shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with marble counter and storage beneath, part tiled walls, double glazed sash window to side, inset spotlights and chrome effect heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 15' 0'' x 13' 1'' (4.57m x 3.98m)
a double bedroom with 2 large southerly facing windows to rear offering a lovely leafy outlook over rear and neighbouring properties, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, pretty period fireplace with inset tiles, white marble surround and slate hearth and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 15' 5'' x 9' 9'' (4.70m x 2.97m)
high ceilings with picture rail, pretty period cast iron fireplace, built in shelving to chimney recess, built in wardrobes, radiator and double glazed sash window to front.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (located off lower mezzanine landing) (14' 5'' x 10' 5'' max (4.39m x 3.17m)
double bedroom with built in wardrobes and chest of drawers with inset sink over, period style fireplace, picture rail, upright radiator and sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 5'' x 10' 5'' max into chimney recess (4.39m x 3.17m)
double bedroom with a pretty period fireplace, radiator, low level sash window to rear with 2 Velux skylight windows over flooding the room with natural light.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 7'' x 7' 0'' (2.92m x 2.13m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted mixer taps and pull out shower attachment, corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc with push button concealed cistern, wash hand basin set within marble counter with storage cabinet beneath, part tiled walls, inset spotlights, sash window to side and chrome effect heated towel rail.
Front Garden & Off Street Parking:
pretty landscaped front garden with low level boundary walls with stone pillars bordering the driveway, which offers off street parking for at least one car. There is a pathway running off the brick paved driveway between semi-circular raised flower borders which continues around to the pathway leading up the right hand side of the property, where you will find the front door to the property and gated side entrance to the rear garden.
Rear: approx 50' 0'' max x 30' 0'' max (15.23m x 9.14m)
beautifully landscaped south facing rear garden with raised cobbled seating area closest to the kitchen, perfect for barbequing and outdoor entertaining. There are 3 steps down into the level lawned section of garden with raised railway sleeper borders, a further paved seating area at the bottom corner of the garden, additional decked seating area, small feature pond with water fountain, outside tap and handy gated access pathway leading to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.