0117 946 6690
- A well-proportioned, bay-fronted & extended Victorian period family house
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- A gracious period residence offering spacious and lateral accommodation
- Easy maintenance front garden and fully enclosed rear garden
A well-proportioned, bay-fronted and extended, 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room, 2 bath/shower room Victorian period family house, of circa 1,850 sq. ft., situated on a much sought after road within 600 metres of Redland Green School. Set well back from this quiet road and arranged over two floors plus attractive rear garden.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road within 0.15 miles. Also within 600m of Redland Green School, handy for the Downs, St Andrews Park nearby and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, numerous private schools, main hospitals, BBC plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens. Redland local train station is nearby.
Lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards, etc. 28ft fully enclosed rear garden with sitting out areas and sunny westerly side aspect.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, dining room, study, kitchen, conservatory, pantry.
First Floor: part galleried landing, four double bedrooms (master with en-suite shower room), family bathroom.
Outside: easy maintenance front garden. Fully enclosed rear garden predominantly laid to lawn but with sitting out areas.
Wooden double glazed sash windows to the front elevation with triple glazing to the principal en-suite bedroom.
The house is set well back and certainly there is space to create driveway parking for 1 or 2 cars subject to first obtaining the requisite consents.
A gracious period residence offering spacious and lateral accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
from the pavement, a dwarf stone wall with impressive gate pillars and wrought iron gate opening onto a pathway which proceeds alongside the house to the front entrance. Solid six-panelled front door with fanlight, opening to:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (12' 0'' x 4' 1'') (3.65m x 1.24m)
inlaid entrance mat and tessellated tiled flooring, high sloping glass roof with exposed beams, window to the rear elevation, wall light point. Part glazed door opening externally to the rear elevation. Wooden door with arched glazed panels and brass door furniture plus stained glass overlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (21' 4'' x 5' 11'') (6.50m x 1.80m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, having an elegant easy rising staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, internal stained glass window through to the entrance vestibule, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, wall light point. Useful Understairs Storage Cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine. Pantry Cupboard with shelving and wall light point. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 3'' x 14' 10'' max into bay) (4.95m x 4.52m)
a gracious principal reception room, having a virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows and stained glass overlights. Period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, tiled hearth and ornately carved slate mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose. Ceiling light point and radiator.
DINING ROOM: (20' 3'' x 13' 0'') (6.17m x 3.96m)
an extended dining room with full width and full height box bay window overlooking the rear garden comprising tall casement windows, obscure multi-paned overlights and central double doors. Period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips and hearth plus ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, two ceiling light points, two radiators.
STUDY: (11' 11'' x 7' 11'') (3.63m x 2.41m)
tall wooden double glazed sash window to the front elevation with stained glass overlight, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted bookshelving), tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, radiator.
KITCHEN: (11' 11'' x 10' 10'') (3.63m x 3.30m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Central sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances including fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Belling range cooker set into brick canopy with splashback tiling. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights, double glazed window to the rear elevation. Wide arched wall opening through to:-
CONSERVATORY: (16' 5'' x 6' 6'') (5.00m x 1.98m)
double glazed windows on two sides with complimentary window shelf and high sloping ceiling. Exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, two wall light points. Double doors opening externally to the rear garden.
PART GALLERIED LANDING: (17' 2'' x 5' 10'') (5.23m x 1.78m)
part galleried over the landing with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (13' 5'' x 13' 1'' excluding en-suite shower room) (4.09m x 3.98m)
having a virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden triple glazed sash windows. A range of built-in wardrobes with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point. Four-panelled door with brass door furniture, opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room: (9' 0'' x 2' 11'') (2.74m x 0.89m)
walk-in shower cubicle with fully tiled surround and wall mounted electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, low level wc, obscure double glazed window to the side elevation, extractor fan, inset ceiling downlights. Raised height strip of glass blocks.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 0'' x 9' 3'') (3.65m x 2.82m)
wooden double glazed sash window to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (both having double opening wardrobe with stripped pine panelled doors), exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 0'' x 12' 2'') (3.96m x 3.71m)
sash window to the rear elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (12' 2'' x 11' 0'') (3.71m x 3.35m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden, double opening built-in wardrobe, Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder. Period fireplace with decorative tiled slips and ornately carved slate mantelpiece, picture rail, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point
panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, fully tiled walls to dado height, part opaque sash window to the side elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
designed for ease of maintenance with stone chipped area and deep shrub borders that feature an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Brick paviored pathway leading to the front door. Others in the street have created off-street parking out of the front garden and this would certainly be possible subject to prior consent by Bristol City Council.
REAR GARDEN: (28' 0'' x 28' 0'') (8.53m x 8.53m)
having a sunny westerly side aspect, immediately to the rear of the house and accessed internally via the conservatory and dining room is a brick paved area with curved pebbled area and railway sleeper feature. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn with timber decked area to one side. Enclosed on three sides by brick walling with timber fencing above and climbing plants. Along the rear boundary is a raised shrub border with mature shrubs. Side return access via the entrance vestibule.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.