0117 946 6690
- An exceptional hall floor garden apartment, circa 1,500 sq. ft
- 3 double bedrooms, private entrance and balcony
- Off street driveway parking for three cars
- Detached garage and large garden
Set in an architecturally striking Italianate style building near to Clifton Village and Durdham Downs - an exceptional 3 double bedroom hall floor garden apartment, circa 1,550 sq. ft., with private entrance, balcony, off-street driveway parking for three cars, detached garage and large garden.
Clifton enjoys an enviable reputation with an eclectic and diverse range of boutique shops, bars, restaurants and further essential services. The architecture is varied and striking with 400 acres of open space found on the Downs which is literally on the opposite side of the road. The apartment is located just a short stroll from Bristol Zoo, a popular Bristol attraction which maintains and defends biodiversity through breeding endangered species, conserving threatened species and habitats and promoting a wider understanding of the natural world.
There is a stylish semi open-plan kitchen/dining room (22'9 x 16'8 max measurements) with solid wooden worktop surfaces and numerous appliances which are to be included in the sale plus sliding doors which open onto a rear terrace.
The apartment has a wealth of period features including fireplace, high ceilings with ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling roses, tessellated tiled flooring and original sash windows.
Accommodation: entrance hall, semi open-plan kitchen/dining room, drawing room (22'11 x 19'2), three double bedrooms, family bath/shower room, inner hall.
Outside: secure tandem off-street driveway parking for three cars, detached garage, private sections of garden to both the front and side elevations with sitting out area.
A very spacious apartment that enjoys many charming period features and plenty of light via tall sash windows in an immensely desirable location with the added benefit of off-street parking, garage and fully enclosed private gardens.
from College Road a tarmacadam driveway gives access to the private driveway of the apartment via impressive gate pillars and wrought iron double opening vehicular gates. The driveway bisects the garden and gives access to the front entrance door. Solid six-panelled front door with arched fanlight and wall mounted external lantern light, opening to:-
ENTRANCE HALL: (11' 3'' x 7' 10'') (3.43m x 2.39m)
a most welcoming and spacious entrance, with part stained glass sash window to the side elevation, tiled flooring, 13ft/3.96m high ceiling with simple moulded cornicing and ceiling rose, tall moulded skirtings, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point. Part stained glass wooden door with side panels, opening to:-
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (22' 7'' max/8'0 min x 16' 8'' max/10'4 min) (6.88m/2.44m x 5.08m/3.15m)
loosely divided as follows:-
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss soft closing base and eye level units with a combination of drawers and cabinets. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with travertine splashback, inset central sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral range cooker with 5 ring gas hob, stainless steel splashback and extractor hood. Tall fridge/freezer with ice maker, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, inset ceiling downlights. Double glazed double doors overlooking and opening externally onto a rear terrace. Opening to:-
11'10/3.61m ceiling height with ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose, tall moulded skirtings, a continuation of wooden flooring, dado rail and ceiling light point. Opening with moulded architraves giving access to an inner hall. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (22' 7'' x 19' 2'' max into bay) (6.88m x 5.84m)
gracious principal reception room, having a wide and tall multi-paned window overlooking the front garden and comprising three windows with overlights and working shutters. Central period fireplace with wood effect gas fire upon a marble hearth with marble surround and ornate moulded mantelpiece. Arched recesses to either side of the chimney breast, additional decorative arched recess, 11'10/3.61m ceiling height with ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, two radiators.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 10'' x 16' 8'') (5.13m x 5.08m)
11'10/3.61m ceiling height with ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail and tall moulded skirtings. Multi-paned double doors with overlights opening onto a Juliet balcony. Chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with large built-in wardrobe having ample hanging rail and shelving space), two radiators, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (18' 5'' x 15' 3'') (5.61m x 4.64m)
tall multi-paned sash window overlooking the front garden with working shutters. 11'10/3.61m ceiling height with ornate moulded cornicing and rose, picture rail and tall moulded skirtings. Chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with large built-in wardrobe having ample hanging rail and shelving space). Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Radiator and ceiling light point.
loft access with storage suitable for luggage etc. Tall moulded skirtings and ceiling light point. Cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 3: (12' 8'' x 9' 3'') (3.86m x 2.82m)
dual aspect with double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations, wood effect flooring, fitted shelving, radiator, inset ceiling downlights.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (11' 0'' x 5' 7'') (3.35m x 1.70m)
panelled bath with travertine splashback tiling, mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Corner shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment plus tiled surround. Wall mounted porcelanosa wash hand basin with mixer tap and travertine splashback tiling. Low level dual flush wc. Obscure multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, tiled flooring, recessed shelving, extractor fan, inset ceiling downlights.
there is a secure tarmacadam driveway which offers tandem off-street parking for three cars. Access to:-
DETACHED GARAGE: (15' 9'' x 9' 11'') (4.80m x 3.02m)
metal up and over door, light and power connected, window to the side elevation.
FRONT GARDEN: (40' 0'' x 34' 0'') (12.18m x 10.36m)
predominantly laid to lawn and level plus enjoying a good amount of privacy by virtue of a stone and fenced front border. The lawn is enclosed within deep shrub borders that feature an array of flowering plants and mature trees.
SIDE GARDEN: (40' 0'' x 32' 0'') (12.18m x 9.75m)
an exquisite undulating side garden laid to lawn with timber decked terrace that offers ample space for garden furniture, borders planted with ferns, hydrangeas and a variety of other mature shrubs. Enclosed by timber fencing and high stone wall. Outside water tap.
REAR TERRACE: (10' 5'' x 7' 4'') (3.17m x 2.23m)
having balustrading on two sides and tiled flooring, there is ample space for garden furniture and is an ideal spot from which to enjoy a morning coffee. Upvc double glazed door gives access via communal stairs to the boiler room. The boiler room is the first door on the left with keycode entry. The left hand wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler belongs to the apartment. On the right there is a double opening cupboard with mains switchboard controls to all the apartments. Ceiling light point.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1976. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the quarterly service charge is £250. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 4. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 5. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 6. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 7. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.